Energy Blast visual FX bug caused by Alternate Snipe animation

Emerald Fusion

For the last few months I've been having this weird effects bug with some of the primary Energy Blast powers.   It seem to happen when the Dark Sniper Alternate power effect is set for Sniper Blast in the costume generator.  

When you're in combat and use the Sniper power with the Alternate animation set, you step forward with your right foot and right arm and you blast forward.  About 50% of the time, the animation seems to get "stuck" and is carried over onto four other primary Energy Blast powers as you use them: Power Bolt, Power Blast, Power Burst, and Explosive Blast.   They all mimic that same movement, right foot/right arm forward, even though they don't have any alternate FX set.  However the surrounding energy effects from each power appears to blast at an angle from the middle section of your character's torso.  This happens on the ground and while hovering/flying.  You can go out of combat, and back into combat and still have the weird FX issue.  

Zoning seems to always correct it, and most of the time using Energy Torrent will correct it.  Energy Torrent does not seem to be affected by the bug.  

I had 9 out of 10 costumes with the Dark Sniper Alternate set and it would happen on all costumes but that one that didn't have it set.  When I noticed that, I changed 9 out of 10 costumes to have the regular Dark Snipe, and the bug now only happens on the one costume that has Dark Sniper Alternate set.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Emerald Fusion

Edited by Emerald Fusion

I've noticed something similar on my /dark Dominator. It seems to be an issue with the alt animation paired with quicksnipe. Activating Moon Beam with the alt animation somehow sets many of my other attack animations to their "alt" variants, despite the fact that I didn't select those variants for those powers. Also, when I'm experiencing the bug with those attacks, sometimes flying (with Mystic Flight, but I imagine it would be true of other methods of flight too) keeps looping the beginning of /em flypose1, the transition from normal flying to the flypose. The animation errors persist for awhile after I use the snipe, but I couldn't say exactly how long.