i26 Chain Attack Assitant

i26 and beyond: The 5Chain Attack Assistant

by qwy

Preamble

This is an ultra-basic rotator, common to a lot of applications. The only difference, It works with a floating tray for arranging attack chains and maintaining a visible reference of their progression. A single key, advances through each step. I feel a little foolish writing this, it's really just a rotator. With the tie in to a tray though, I started to notice I was using it all the time. I thought other people might get something out of this application as well. 

For anyone not familiar, I'll still walk through the steps. 

1.  Getting Started

1. Dedicated Floating Tray

We need a dedicated, floating tray, for this. They're essentially power trays, just independant of your main tray. This can get a little confusing, in that, floating trays have an ID number and are capable of scrolling to other, "Tray numbers".  Tray's layer with higher ID number towards the front. SInce I have this on all my characters, I use floating tray7 as the highest available. "Available", is really the only detail that matters. To choose by number, you can edit and run this;

/windowshow tray#  

Or, on the top right of your main power tray, there's a, "+"symbol,  just right of the,  "Recipes" toggle.  A click generates the lowest tray ID number available, which, couldn't be easier to change later, if a reason to, pops up.

2. Setting the Orientation

Right click the new tray and set the orientation to 2x6 (2 wide, 6 high) so, that it resembles the large one, just right of the character, in the image below.

Exploded view

3. Power Icons and Binds

The binds take this orientation to heart. The column on the left is triggered by the 1 key, it will fire each power in that column, from top to bottom.

The column on the right, follows this same idea, using the 3 key.

Each bind file was named to reflect, The Key | The Tray | It's Number in the Sequence. 

Only the icons you want to use in a chain should go in the tray. 

Arranging the order of power icons, is the only step in altering the chain.

4. Placement

I don't usually click powers. I tend to keep the mouse in front and use binds to trigger. For that reason,  it's really tiny and somewhere in the peripheral. I only care about keeping an eye on activation and cooldowns.  The binds are pretty dumb so, pressing a trigger too soon, can throw the whole order off.  The urge to spam the 1 & 3 key is very real. For that reason, characters tend to outgrow it, as they get more powerful, and I get more familiar.  

Tucked in

5. Installing 

If you're using the .zip, the file structure for placing the files, starts in the, "data" folder inside your CoX installation folder. Unless you've already generated a data folder, you won't have one. Adding one, is the only way to get one. Once the folder is there, you can either drop the entire contents from extracted .zip or, manually generate the remaining folders until, it mirrors it.

Installing it to other folders on your hard drive is fine. The file paths of the macros and commands in the files just need to be edited to match. If you have a real text editor like Notepad++, it's basically a single, elaborate, cut and paste, to get them all.   

6. Loading the FIles

I have the initial step on a global file in the install root's data folder. The, "@" is my subfolder. The following 10 files, are kept in a global catch all named, "!". There's a zip file, at the bottom, with individual files and this folder structure. Edit accordingly.

Load Global.txt
/macroimage "v_archetypeicon_stalker" "5Chain" "bindloadfilesilent @/Global.txt"

@/Global.txt
----------------
1 "powexectray 2 5$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/152.txt"
3 "powexectray 1 5$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/352.txt"
----
Use Macros Instead of Global.txt
/macroimage "Brawling_ComboLevel1" "Melee" "powexectray 2 5$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/152.txt"
/macroimage "Brawling_ComboLevel3" "Range" "powexectray 1 5$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/352.txt"

@/!/151.txt
----------------
1 "powexectray 2 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/152.txt"

@/!/152.txt
----------------
1 "powexectray 4 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/153.txt"

@/!/153.txt
----------------
1 "powexectray 6 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/154.txt"

@/!/154.txt
----------------
1 "powexectray 8 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/155.txt"

@/!/155.txt
----------------
1 "powexectray 10 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/151.txt"

----

@/!/351.txt
----------------
3 "powexectray 1 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/352.txt"

@/!/352.txt
----------------
3 "powexectray 3 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/353.txt"

@/!/353.txt
----------------
3 "powexectray 5 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/354.txt"

@/!/354.txt
----------------
3 "powexectray 7 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/355.txt"

@/!/355.txt
----------------
3 "powexectray 9 5$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Slide$$bindloadfilesilent @/!/351.txt"

The toggleoff nonsense, is just something I tend to do. All my files have, seemingly irrelevant, commands peppered throughout. These were already there. I  figure, if I'm pressing attack keys, a little resource conservation couldn't hurt. Absolutely irrelevant, here.

7. End of Life

There's some value at higher levels, it makes an awesome little cruise control melee/range spammer.  

So yea, it' embarrassingly  simple. The application, combined with the tray, has had enough impact, I'm willing to embarrass myself. 

Thanks for looking!
Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

@.zip

Edited by qwy
added elaboration on installation and a macro to help load.
  • Like 4

Guides

MMPetMouseExpanded MM Numpad Controls | Chain Attack Assitant | Load/SaveFile - Relative Paths | KeyBindReset - Basics Of Going Global.

SGMusic.mnu - Popmenu Audio Player for your SG Base

See my profile for some of my other projects.