Question about team size modifier

I selected a team size option of 1 just to see what it meant, but I cant seem to reset it. Does this mean that from now on I'll have to select the correct team size for every mission I run based on the amount of team members I have? Dont the missions usually auto adjust based on how many people are in your team? do I have to do that manually now? I cant seem to reset it after selecting an option, I'd rather the team size just adjust and scale automatically like it used to.

Or am I misunderstanding what the team size modifier actually does? 🙂

Thanks

Team size mods and level adjustments only apply before you walk into a mission.  If you change them while inside an instance you need to exit and restart the instance to see any change. 

That said if your team size is bigger than whatever you have the adjustment set to, the game will use the larger of the two.  So a team size setting of 3 and an actual team number of eight will spawn for an 8 man team.  That same team size 3 setting for a solo or duo will spawn for three people. 

3 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

Team size mods and level adjustments only apply before you walk into a mission.  If you change them while inside an instance you need to exit and restart the instance to see any change. 

That said if your team size is bigger than whatever you have the adjustment set to, the game will use the larger of the two.  So a team size setting of 3 and an actual team number of eight will spawn for an 8 man team.  That same team size 3 setting for a solo or duo will spawn for three people. 

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

I was worried I'd forever gimped myself into certain mission spawns regardless of team size, glad to know that's not that case! 

Don't forget you can freely adjust the levels and team size values with the difficulty menu on the chat bar under the little speech bubble button on the far right too.  So not only did you not permanently gimp yourself, you can adjust based on how hard things are for you as you're traveling. 🙂

Also if you step outside the mission and abandon it you can restart it with a new difficulty, if your current one is too hard/easy. Best way to restart a mission is to set your active task to something else and then set it back again. I have sometimes always kept a low leave mission ‘on the books’ in order to facilitate this. 🙂

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

Also if you step outside the mission and abandon it you can restart it with a new difficulty, if your current one is too hard/easy. Best way to restart a mission is to set your active task to something else and then set it back again. I have sometimes always kept a low leave mission ‘on the books’ in order to facilitate this. 🙂

Opening a new radio or paper mission (or phoning a constant timed mission contact like Borea) is the method I use.