Piercing Beam not causing spread!

WindDemon21

If I recall, since Piercing Beam is technically an AoE, it shouldn't be spreading Disintegrate to begin with.  Fairly certain it doesn't spread when used by other ATs and Paragon Wiki doesn't mention spreading in the power description either.

If it's supposed to be spreading when used by a Sentinel that's another matter entirely.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

It is *mainly* a single target though. If you read the description on Disintegrate it clearly states that piercing beam is supposed to cause spread.

And honesty how the spread works the aoes should really cause spread too, at least cutting beam for the other ATs who don't get refractor beam.

I'll double check on my BR Corrupter when I get home and in the character creator, but if they didn't update the Sentinel version's text you may be confusing Piercing Beam with Penetrating Ray, the sniper attack that presumably was replaced by Refractor Beam on Sentinels.

And why shouldn't Piercing Beam be considered an AoE?  It's a cone blast (though only a 10' arc) that can hit multiple targets and accepts Targeted AoE Damage IO sets.  It's in the same boat as powers like Piercing Rounds from Dual Pistols or Golden Dragonfly from Katana.  Small AoE angle but still capable of hitting multiple foes.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

52 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I'll double check on my BR Corrupter when I get home and in the character creator, but if they didn't update the Sentinel version's text you may be confusing Piercing Beam with Penetrating Ray, the sniper attack that presumably was replaced by Refractor Beam on Sentinels.

And why shouldn't Piercing Beam be considered an AoE?  It's a cone blast (though only a 10' arc) that can hit multiple targets and accepts Targeted AoE Damage IO sets.  It's in the same boat as powers like Piercing Rounds from Dual Pistols or Golden Dragonfly from Katana.  Small AoE angle but still capable of hitting multiple foes.

Ah that could possibly be it, I'll have to double check cause I saw another and figured it was that. Either rate yes it is a TINY cone, buy because of that is more of a bonus than should be considered for not spreading, which likewise since the spread only goes to enemies 3 at a time, for at least non-sents more, cutting beam should really also cause spread as well as that mechanic is the main reason that beam lacks an actual 2nd aoe power on most ATs.

Going by the character creation window, they did not update the description for Disintegration for Sentinels.  It still mentions Penetrating Ray despite them not having access to it, though I assume if grouped with other Beam Rifle users, ones that do have access to Penetrating Ray would be able to spread Disintegration set by you.