Damage IO set bonuses, worth it?

laudwic

I'm playing a Water/Dark Corruptor that is predominately solo and I'm having a good time. 

In slotting out IOs, I'm noticing I can get a good number of + Damage Io Set bonuses for example:

2 IOs from Dampened spirits gives +2 Damage (I can put that in 2 or three powers)

2 IOs from Lockdown give +3 Damage (planning to pick up a second hold power so I can stack holds - and 2 in Dark Servant - I can have this three times in my build)

2 IOs from Undetermined Defenses + 2 Damage (can slot in Aqua bolt)

Malice of the Corruptor is giving another 3%

3 slot Overwhelming force gives another 3 (Hydro blast with a Force Feedback Proc)

4 slot Devastation +3 (put into Dehydrate with two healing IOs)

I'm not really trying to, but it looks like I can have around a +23 or 26 to damage when I'm just slotting for what I need anyways.  Some powers I'm slotting in different sets as I want to improve different portions, like Aquabolt is also slotted for defense debuff and a separate set for damage.  Twilight Grasp I'm using two different healing sets (2 from Theft of Essence (Heal and the +End Proc) 2 from Touch of Nictus (Heal and Acc/Heal) 2 from Dampened Spirits (tohit and tohit/end)  I liked the idea of the +End proc but I don't want to stay totally with Theft of Essence as those IOs don't improve past 30.  The Damage bonuses are an interesting afterthought.  

I'm running Tough, Weave and Shadow Fall so my defenses are pretty good so I don't feel I'm really missing much and I'll be adding another either resistance or defense power later.

Is slotting IOs for damage worth it?  Does the percent increase go on base damage or damage after modified by other slotting?  

Am I basically running as a free Enrage (basic level damage inspiration) at all times with this?

If its not, I could make some changes, like switch out Dark Watcher's Despair for Dampened Spirits to get a health bonus rather than damage or unbreakable constraint to do a 4% recovery rather than lockdown with 3% damage.  (note 2 slot theft of essence gave me 10% Regeneration better than two times of slotting unbreakable constraint - I would do Numina's except I wanted the accuracy)

6 hours ago, laudwic said:

Am I basically running as a free Enrage (basic level damage inspiration) at all times with this?

Yep.

Worth it? maybe not worth chasing but no harm if it is low hanging fruit. 

+dam is of course more valuable for ATs with criticals (scourge) as that doubles you raw damage.