Thugs/Time Build Feedback

Nymaen

I am working on my first MM build since live. I loved my Thugs/Poison when Villains shipped, but wanted to try something different. I ultimately choose /Time since it came out after I stopped playing on live. I read the /Time post that is stickied, but there were several things in the build I didn't like. This is what I am building out towards now, please let me know if I am setting myself up for failure. I noted that @Warlawk used lots of procs and build-ups in the pets. I am not sure why, so that could be something am doing wrong. I do like my set bonuses.

Feedback welcome!

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), BldMnd-Acc(5), BldMnd-Dmg(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(11)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(9), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-Heal(36), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(25)
Level 6: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(9)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- RechRdx(A)
Level 12: Call Enforcer -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(17)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(19), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(17), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(25)
Level 18: Gang War -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), CmmPrs-PetRes(19), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(21), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(21), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(23)
Level 20: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(46), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(48), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(48)
Level 22: Time Stop -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(40)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(29), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(31)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(36), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(42)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- RechRdx(A)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(43), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Ags-Psi/Status(43)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Heal(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- DefBuff(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(50)
Level 1: Punk 
Level 1: Arsonist 
Level 12: Enforcer 
Level 26: Bruiser 
------------

What are you trying to achieve with your build and what are the things you didn't like from the other?

I see you have 30% S/L resistance over cap and only have 57.5% recharge; you also have SOs in places where you could use IOs and even Luck of the Gambler, nor using the +3 DEF or +5% RES IOs. Gang War is also not going to be up very often because of your recharge.
The reason for procs on henchmen is to pull more damage and utility out of them than normal; Henchmen aren't affected by +Recharge so having tons of recharge won't make them proc any less. Procs in things like Health and Stamina are for recovery and regen, for example 1 Panacea in Health gives more +recovery than 2 endurance boosts in Stamina.

@Hopestaryou asked some really great questions. I wanted to spend some time thinking them over to have some good answers.

I played Warlock's build, and even fully slotted it out as he described. On the whole, it was a good build. There are a few things that bother me that I could not figure out how to solve. I think my build is an over fix to my problem. Trying to find a good balance.

I discovered in play, that some enemies would really, really like to target my MM. The damage they could do was crazy. They would always hit. I often would only discover what killed me by checking the combat logs. I wanted to get some resistance in place to prevent me from dying outright when targeted. Usually just need 3-5 seconds to use a power or minion to get them off me. This is usually an EB or AV. The cyclops and minotaurs are great examples of things that ignore my thugs and 1-2 shot me despite my bodyguard stance.

My goals.

• I really like the rapid recharge, and want to keep as much as I can.
  • I value survival - of self and pets. I believe resist is a more generic survival tool than DEF, unless I can get that def over 45%.
  • I am okay with frankenslotting to make this happen.

Any suggestions to get me there would be welcome.

@Nymaen I think I got the perfect build for you then. Lots of damage and mitigation all around with KD in Call Thugs, procs in Enforcer and Dual Wield, and perma Hasten and Chrono Shift. With Time's Juncture running, your Defenses should be effectively capped against any enemies in it's radius, so charging in with bodyguard mode should be fine as long as it's not Carnies, Frostfire, or the Dark Novas in ITF (others like Dwarf have Smashing with their Negative). Could fix those holes a bit with Rune of Protection, but it would still have a 30 second downtime even at 400% recharge, so I'd rather say, prioritize those targets so they're removed from the equation (for Carnies, just make sure you're lvl 50 and have Clarion incarnate running 😩).thugstimesurvival.thumb.png.f16d9942eb2e60c1b4e9550fb64461fa.png

MM_Thugs_Time_Survival.mxd

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx:50(3), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(3), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(5), SlbAll-Build%:50(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow:50(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux:50(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg:50(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg:50(9), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg:50(9), Pnc-Heal:50(11)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb:50(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx:50(13), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx:50(15), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx:50(15)
Level 6: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 8: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx:50(A), WntGif-ResSlow:50(17)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(13)
Level 12: Call Enforcer -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMarofS-Dmg:50(17), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(19), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(19), GssSynFr--Build%:50(21), HO:Cyto(21)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(23)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- UnbCns-Hold:50(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(25), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(25), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(27), UnbCns-Dam%:50(27), Lck-%Hold:30(29)
Level 18: Gang War -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef:50(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef:40(31), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets):30(33)
Level 20: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit:50(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg:50(33), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx:50(34)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(36)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen:50(37), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets):50(37), SvrRgh-PetResDam:50(37), SlbAll-Dmg:50(39), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(40)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:30(A), RechRdx-I:30(42)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(43)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(43), Prv-Heal:50(45), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(45), Prv-Absorb%:50(46)
Level 41: Electrifying Fences -- Rgn-Dmg:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), Rgn-Knock%:50(48)
Level 44: Dual Wield -- Apc-Dmg:50(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), Apc-Dam%:50(50), ExpStr-Dam%:20(50), GldJvl-Dam%:50(50)
Level 47: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:20(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A)
------------