Enhancement converters...

ranster44

Yes, it's random within the categories; set, type or rarity. The only restrictions are that you wil never convert to the same io you started with (in one conversion, if you convert again though you may end up back where you started). Also if you convert within type (pbaoe, hold, etc.) you will always convert out of the set you started from.

Conversion Types: 

• IN SET CONVERSIONS:   what it says.  the thing you convert will become a different IO in the same set.  Costs 3 Converters per In Set Conversion, the most expensive mode.  But if you get a Luck of the Gambler Endurance/Recharge, you can use this mode until you get the shiny +7.5% Global Recharge that you really want.  Same with Steadfast Protection Resistance/Endurance to shazam it into the Res/+3% Defense piece.
  • OUT-OF-SET CONVERSIONS:  also what it says.  the thing you convert will become an IO from a completely different set.  Exact cost here can vary.  Once you choose the "Out of Set Conversions" radio button, there is a dropdown next to it that gives the sub-type of conversion.  Some methods you can choose, some are locked in. 
    • OUT-OF-SET (BY RARITY):    The result will be an IO of any set of the same rarity.  Rares stay Rares, Uncommons stay Uncommons.  But HIbernation (Uncommon Sleep) could become Steadfast Protection (Uncommon Resistance), and Ghost Widow's Embrace (Rare Hold) could become Kinetic Combat (Rare Melee).   These cost 1 converter per roll.
    • OUT-OF-SET (BY TYPE):   the result will be an IO of the same TYPE, but not necessarily the same rarity.  Defense will stay Defense, but Serendipity (End/Res) could become Reactive Defenses Scaling Damage Resistance.   Immobilize will remain Immobilize but Enfeebled Operations (uncommon) could become Trap of the Hunter (rare).   This costs 2 converters per roll.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a yellow or an orange into a purple by this conversion type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-pvp into a pvp by this conversion type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-ATO into an ATO by this type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-Winter-O into a Winter-O by this type.
    • PVP:   can convert any PvP IO into another PvP IO.  MUST start with a PvP IO.  But Gladiator's Net could become Panacea, or Javelin Volley could become Gladiator's Armor, etc.
    • ATO:   can convert any ATO into another ATO.   MUST start with an ATO.  Call of the Mastermind could become Critical Strikes.  Will of the Dominator could become Kheldian's Grace.
    • Winter:   can convert atny Winter-O inst another Winter-O. MUST start with a Winter-O.  But Avalanche could become Entomb, etc.
    • Purple:   can convert a Purple to a Purple.  I believe only "classic" purples count for this.  Not "Superior" versions of ATO's, etc.  But Fortunata Hypnosis can become Ragnarok or Hecatomb, etc.

NOTE:  If you are converting a levelled (Non-Attuned) IO, the result will be an IO of the same level.  This means if you're converting a level 15 IO, it can never ever ever ever become a Luck of the Gambler, because LotG has a minimum level of 25.  Know the high / low ranges of the sets you're hoping to get. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Conversion Types: 

• IN SET CONVERSIONS:   what it says.  the thing you convert will become a different IO in the same set.  Costs 3 Converters per In Set Conversion, the most expensive mode.  But if you get a Luck of the Gambler Endurance/Recharge, you can use this mode until you get the shiny +7.5% Global Recharge that you really want.  Same with Steadfast Protection Resistance/Endurance to shazam it into the Res/+3% Defense piece.
  • OUT-OF-SET CONVERSIONS:  also what it says.  the thing you convert will become an IO from a completely different set.  Exact cost here can vary.  Once you choose the "Out of Set Conversions" radio button, there is a dropdown next to it that gives the sub-type of conversion.  Some methods you can choose, some are locked in. 
    • OUT-OF-SET (BY RARITY):    The result will be an IO of any set of the same rarity.  Rares stay Rares, Uncommons stay Uncommons.  But HIbernation (Uncommon Sleep) could become Steadfast Protection (Uncommon Resistance), and Ghost Widow's Embrace (Rare Hold) could become Kinetic Combat (Rare Melee).   These cost 1 converter per roll.
    • OUT-OF-SET (BY TYPE):   the result will be an IO of the same TYPE, but not necessarily the same rarity.  Defense will stay Defense, but Serendipity (End/Res) could become Reactive Defenses Scaling Damage Resistance.   Immobilize will remain Immobilize but Enfeebled Operations (uncommon) could become Trap of the Hunter (rare).   This costs 2 converters per roll.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a yellow or an orange into a purple by this conversion type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-pvp into a pvp by this conversion type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-ATO into an ATO by this type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-Winter-O into a Winter-O by this type.
    • PVP:   can convert any PvP IO into another PvP IO.  MUST start with a PvP IO.  But Gladiator's Net could become Panacea, or Javelin Volley could become Gladiator's Armor, etc.
    • ATO:   can convert any ATO into another ATO.   MUST start with an ATO.  Call of the Mastermind could become Critical Strikes.  Will of the Dominator could become Kheldian's Grace.
    • Winter:   can convert atny Winter-O inst another Winter-O. MUST start with a Winter-O.  But Avalanche could become Entomb, etc.
    • Purple:   can convert a Purple to a Purple.  I believe only "classic" purples count for this.  Not "Superior" versions of ATO's, etc.  But Fortunata Hypnosis can become Ragnarok or Hecatomb, etc.

NOTE:  If you are converting a levelled (Non-Attuned) IO, the result will be an IO of the same level.  This means if you're converting a level 15 IO, it can never ever ever ever become a Luck of the Gambler, because LotG has a minimum level of 25.  Know the high / low ranges of the sets you're hoping to get. 

This is excellent info about converting for newer players or those that have minimal knowledge about it. Go. Convert. Make Influence.

• Like 1