Cosmic Transportation replacement

Mageman

I have to give thanks to whoever started Cosmic Transportation. I've been using it since I took the advice of someone else in a group. I was especially impressed with the winter-themed base. This being said, the last update to that base created a huge room that can take a while to find anything. Especially for lower-level characters, there's just too much time spent running from place to place. I kept hoping that whoever built the base would realize this and redesign it to a smaller room. Since that hasn't happened, I finally took one of my characters that only had storage and created a 3 X 6 room with the same functionallity in Cosmic Transportation.

/macro_image "Awakened_PsionicCut" "Basic Transport" enterbasefrompasscode TRANSPORT-7831

I chose the icon as it's not a power you can get (Praetorian Police if I recall correctly) and it looks sort of like "beam me up Scotty." I tried to keep the room simple and balanced, with everything against the walls so nothing is blocking your vision. Since you always come in facing south, the east (left) wall contains the teleporters (click on the globes), and the NPCs on the west (right) wall. I tried to organize the NPCs (10 of each) by what I think would be their usage - Trainers first, then enhancements, then inspirations, then costumes, and finally settings (since you can change them without an NPC).

The only things I have less than Cosmic Transportation is Merit ATMs (6 instead of 10) and Pillars of Fire and Ice (7 instead of 12). I just don't think they're used as much that you need that many (and I have limited space).

Check it out, and let me know what you think. Is there something missing? Is there an improvement you'd like to see (including more of something?

• Like 3

I've started revising my teleport hub from a 3 x 6 room to a 4 x 6 room. This should allow me to include more Pillars of Flame and Ice (access to Ouroboros missions). I could add more Merit ATMs, but I don't think there's a need for more than 9 of them (what I get in the larger room). A slight increase in size means that I can put more of everything when compared to Cosmic Transportation

Right now, the larger room is a work-in-progress (I use the Tech Circles floor to help me get everything lined up perfectly). There is a door open between the two rooms, so you can go check it out for yourself. The plate on the floor represents where the entrance portal will go. Currently, it's the same as the smaller room, but now has 9 Pillars of Flame and Ice and 9 Merit ATMs. It's missing the Invention tables and vault access. When I put those in, it will have room for 8 more of the pillars or about 5 pillars and 5 Merit ATMs. That's a total of 17 pillars and 9 ATMs or 14 of both.

I wish I could have voting buttons:

1 ) . Smaller room - 7 Pillars and 6 Merit ATMs is more than enough

2 ) . Larger room with 17 Pillars and 9 Merit ATMs

3 ) . Larger room with 14 Pillars and 14 Merit ATMs

4 ) . Go away! I like Cosmic Transportation and I'm not giving that up!

Personally, my vote would be #2 - only 1 less Merit ATM and 5 more Pillars than Cosmic Transportation. So I've created more functionality than Cosmic Transportation in about 1/4 the size.

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

Base Updated for Issue 27.

All I changed is the destinations on the teleportation globes and the letters above them. It went from about 34 to 38 different destinations, so I had to move some around.

Like I said before, my base had (at the last time I checked) the same number or more of everything Cosmic Transportation has in a smaller footprint.

I'm all for the smaller footprint.  But with issue 27, since I have to go to a base portal to use the transportation bases anyway, I just updated my personal SG.   I crammed everything except my enhancement storage into a 1x2 entry room (4 portal orbs).

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow