Tech Portal Unit will not work with beacons attached

ShardWarrior

For some reason, the tech Portal Unit teleport device will not work.  I have power in the base with beacons attached, but when I click on it to use it, it tells me there are no beacons attached.  I am on a hero and all beacons are to hero zones, so I should be able to see them.  In edit mode, the item shows 10/10 beacons attached.  I have tried deleting the portal unit and beacons.  I have also tried deleting the entire room and starting over with no success.  Either this particular item is bugged or the whole base is bugged or some combination of the two.  See screenshots below.

On a side note, the base editor in general has been very, very buggy of late on my new laptop.  It seems to me the editor cannot handle working in UHD screen resolution.  It will only allow placement and manipulation of objects if they are on the left side of the screen.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Lead Game Master

Hi there, I've picked up your ticket. You may well have sorted this yourself but I found when I created one of these portals in my base and hooked up beacons it seemed to work OK. If it's still an issue for it please either re-open the ticket, or try pinging @On-Duty in the #in-game-help channel of the Discord and hopefully someone will be able to assist.

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Thanks for the reply @GM ColdSpark.  When I logged on this morning, this seems to have corrected itself.  Tech portal is working now as it should.  Would you happen to know if there is a maximum screen resolution the base editor itself will work with?  As I mentioned above, it seems like the editor cannot handle 3840 x 2160 resolution.  If I try to place, move or manipulate an object on the right side of the screen, nothing will happen.  I have to work on the left side of the screen in order to place anything.  If I place an item on the left of my screen and then try to drag it to the right, about 80% of the way there it just stops and will not move any farther.  Laptop is brand new and all drivers and such are up-to-date.  Any insight would be appreciated.

• Lead Game Master

Hey, glad to hear it's behaving this morning. Must have been the flux capacitor, I presume once you inverted the polarity and subjected it to a tachyon burst that did the trick? 🙂

As for the resolution issue with the editor, I found the same thing on my iMac when I cranked the res up to 4096 by 2304. I had to zoom in to read the text (face about an inch from monitor) but yes, I could only place things on the left hand side. So that one I think is a glitch. Probably worth raising as a separate and appropriately named bug report now you've managed to fix the portal though!

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!