I need to make a choice.

Marshal_General

Back in the old game my main character was an INV/NRG tanker. She would have been a scrapper since her concept was that her father was a INV/SS tanker and her mother an NRG/NRG blaster, but scrappers never got energy.

This time around I decided I didn't want to make her a tanker again so I tried a KM/INV scrapper that I have only gotten to level 10. Someone suggested I make her a brute.

So my choice is keep her a scrapper. Make her a KM/INV brute or make her a NRG/INV brute.

I do remember energy having a psi hole and little AoE. I could take Cross Punch from the fighting pool since I would be getting most of it anyways, or I could stick with KM since it has two AoEs. Not to mention that nice 'wind up and wiff' attack animation and I have never leveled KM up before. I have read that the set works better for stalkers.

Does punchvoke make you miss the way gauntlet did? For those who don't know, gauntlet has an AoE taunt effect that required a to hit roll and screwed up the streak breaker making tanks miss in high end content a lot. I think my max was 9 straight misses.

Other than that, does anyone have a good idea which way would work best?

Energy melee is a bad set - it hopefully will get development and love in the near future.

As far as KM, yes, it is amazing on a stalker - like really, really good, because of the stalker-specific IOs.

I don't think gauntlet is still broken that way - I didn't bookmark the patch notes though so I can't check.  You likely know the advantages/disadvantages between scrappers and brutes - inv will be better on brutes simply because of their larger health pool, but KM on a brute might suffer fury generation due to slow animations, whereas scrappers just automatically get crits.  I think it's more up to what you want to focus on - toughness or damage.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood