Full Circle (Arc ID: 32263) Have a whale of a "time."

cranebump

Full Circle (Arc ID: 32127)
Heroic, L40 and above
(custom baddies, canon-related, save the world, mystery)

Time has chosen you to repair a rift in its tapestry (as have the guardians of the Mobius Strip, the Autumn Wards). But can you bind together the unraveled threads of sacrifice, heroism, and family before the Circle  of Thorns tears them, and the world, apart?

This is a self-contained arc from me (for once).:-) Feedback appreciated!

NOTE: Not sold on the final map just yet. Would like to hear your experiences with spawns and mobs. Thanks in advance.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 8/22/2020 at 6:39 PM, cranebump said:

Full Circle (Arc ID: 32127)
Heroic, L40 and above
(custom baddies, canon-related, save the world, mystery)

Time has chosen you to repair a rift in its tapestry (as have the guardians of the Mobius Strip, the Autumn Wards). But can you bind together the unraveled threads of sacrifice, heroism, and family before the Circle  of Thorns tears them, and the world, apart?

This is a self-contained arc from me (for once).:-) Feedback appreciated!

NOTE: Not sold on the final map just yet. Would like to hear your experiences with spawns and mobs. Thanks in advance.

Made changes based on feedback. Will republish as soon as whatever it that's not allowing me to do so is fixed.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• 2 weeks later

I ran this a while ago and promptly forgot all about it. It's a well written arc, with lots of detail and clues and custom mobs. I got a kick out of one of the dialog screens which has your character dining on sardines and spam; I was playing the arc with Spider-Kitty, who canonically enjoys sardines. Cuz, you, know, she's a kitty. Kitties like those things.

meow.thumb.jpg.dd5b9a4d52a69d51b9cf1d9d3c267b1d.jpg

My only complaint is that the arc throws a lot at you; all of reality is being attacked by "Dagons", and you get thrown into the "Mobius Strip" and there are a bunch of heroes who used to work together but one doesn't exist and... I dunno. Also the arc tells you what your character thinks at times, which tends to upset Real Roleplayers. That's actually two complaints. Still, this is worth playing if you enjoy heavy narrative focused arcs (and sardines).

Edited by Kyksie

Thanks, Kyksie. Appreciate the feedback. 

The Mobius Strip: I’m trying to edge into this concept over various arcs, with the Strip being the linchpin, while keeping the arcs mostly self-contained. The issue is having to drop in the basic info about what the Strip is somewhere in every arc, so that skipping one doesn’t affect the other. I think that’s a definite contributing factor to possible info overload.

On the other hand, I’m hoping, when it’s all done, that someone who does go through all the stories will catch the links and references to previous events in other arcs, and get a sense of history from that. For example, the arc I’m currently scripting alludes to the villain group in “Ordinary People,” offering an explanation about what made ostensibly good people turn bad. People who just want to knock heads without all the meta plot may not dig that, so that may be a barrier to getting folks into the arcs. I dunno. It’s just the story I want to tell, so I’m doing my best to tell it, while hoping I can create strong, discrete arcs that include some sense of investment and decent characters. 

As for “Real Roleplayers” being honked off that I put thoughts in their head, well...sorry. Story telling in AE is, among other things, problem solving. We’re character-limited by those little boxes. You make choices as to how to best use that space to achieve your goals. Besides, you can’t really roleplay without an active exchange. The script isn’t a GM, unfortunately. So, that criticism, while valid, is something I’m just going to have to live with, In exchange for what I hope is an arc that has some strengths going for it.

Appreciate the time, and feedback, as always.  Happy trails.

P.S.The Dagons mish was supposed to be a “here’s what happens if you fail” preview. Was this adequately explained in the post-mission text? If not, I need to fix that. 

Edited by cranebump