Experimentation Power Pool, weird Jaunt

Fatalplus

I tend to pick the travel power "Speed of Sound/Jaunt" on my Stalkers for that quick combat teleport.  Recently I picked it for my /Shield Defense Stalker and I found that when I have Hide toggled and use Jaunt, it locks my character in the Teleport animation instead and not the usual, quick Jaunt animation.  When I untoggle the power it works as normal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Searching the forums, I see a couple mentions of this.  Easy to reproduce. I am fairly certain it was not the case when I initially created my /shield stalker, as I remember so enjoying the speed of Jaunt over Teleport.

For the past month or so this has been the behavior. If your shield is rendered at all from any power, whether Hide or another /shield power, Jaunt defaults to the old-school teleport animation, which is so much longer, and significantly diminishes the value of Speed of Sound/Jaunt.

I was actually stuck with my shield out even after toggling everything off, trying to make the normal animation happen.  Strangely, using One With the Shield was the only thing that got me to put away my shield. 

I don't know what went wonky, but it is definitely keeping me away from this character. Jaunt was part of his fun! I hope we can see a fix.

I have not attempted to reproduce this on another AT, but it is definitely broken for Stalker.

• 2 months later