Savage/Regen Brute Help

sasirre

Hey there, I recently started playing the game and decided to remake one of my old villains with savage melee/regen, she used to be a SS/Inv brute, but the concept was more of a reptilian/beast creature and the tools just weren't available at the time. 

While I'm fine not being super optimized, I'm having some serious trouble as early as level 18. I die. A lot. 

I have Savage Strike, Maiming Slash, Shred, Blood Thirst, Vicious Slash, Fast Healing, Reconstruction, Quick Recovery, Integration, Resilience, and combat jumping with Flight, and i just... die. To basically anything other than standard minions and lieutenants. Bosses cut me down, and forget about anything +1 level. 
Is there a trick to savage melee or regen that I'm not 'getting'? I've been slotting them for healing modification, damage resist, damage, and accuracy with some recharge reduction, pretty standard stuff for this level, just getting into the dual origin things. 

Any advice? 

Kayla.PNG

WB to the game!
suggest ya pick up Dull Pain asap. start with 2 Rech enh, then add 2 Heal.

after that, Tough & Weave (they both consume a lot of End, so slot Reduc). +Regen is a weaker form of mitigation than Defense or Resist, so it's not worth slotting Heal enh into F.Healing or Health... better off with 2 of those slots as Res enh in Resilience, 2 in Tough, 2 Def enh in Weave... maybe even take Maneuvers (slot like Weave). Integration can be left as 1-slot until the other mitigation powers are set up. grab Hasten soon, 2 Rech enh. Instant Healing will be slotted like Dull Pain. 2 Rech enh in MoG. consider Meld in Patron Pools (2 Rech).(edit: had Scrapper on the brain) consider Darkest Night in Patron Pools.

once ya start lookin at set IO enh, drop back in here for help with em, but till then - try to lowball bid & pick up both Steadfast (Attuned version) & L10 Gladiator's +3% Def uniques, with L10 Shield Wall's +5% Res unique, and score 5 Luck of the Gambler 7.5% +Rech (Attuned version). /Regen isn't easy to build, but it can teach ya a lot.

Edited by Krazie Ivan

Welcome Back!

Savage is an awesome set.  Leap is the hallmark of the set and an absolute game-changer once you get it.  Before Rending Flurry and Savage Leap though, the set can feel a but underwhelming.  Regen also blooms with investment.  Should be a fun payoff though! 🙂

Both Savage and Regen want hefty amounts of +recharge, which works to your favor.  Grab Hasten at some point.  Not everyone is a fan, but Leap is just too good as a Proc-Bomb so you want all the global recharge you can get so as not to reduce the firing chance.  Several excellent threads about this sort of thing in the Guides and Tanker sections.

You are eventually going to want to drop Shred - you'll be better off using Rending Flurry in it's place later in levels and with some recharge in the build.  Fortunately HC figuratively bathes you in free respecs, so there's plenty of opportunities to tweak things.

Also, don't bother with Hemorrhage - you'll get more mileage from SS, MS, and VS on rotation.  Shred and Hemm are just going to slow you down.

Adding to the already excellent IOs suggested by @Krazie Ivan grab yourself a "Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge" and slot it into Vicious Slash.  You'll want one in a finished build, and they're excellent bang/buck for your powersets.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:43 AM, InvaderStych said:

Welcome Back!

Savage is an awesome set.  Leap is the hallmark of the set and an absolute game-changer once you get it.  Before Rending Flurry and Savage Leap though, the set can feel a but underwhelming.  Regen also blooms with investment.  Should be a fun payoff though! 🙂

Both Savage and Regen want hefty amounts of +recharge, which works to your favor.  Grab Hasten at some point.  Not everyone is a fan, but Leap is just too good as a Proc-Bomb so you want all the global recharge you can get so as not to reduce the firing chance.  Several excellent threads about this sort of thing in the Guides and Tanker sections.

You are eventually going to want to drop Shred - you'll be better off using Rending Flurry in it's place later in levels and with some recharge in the build.  Fortunately HC figuratively bathes you in free respecs, so there's plenty of opportunities to tweak things.

Also, don't bother with Hemorrhage - you'll get more mileage from SS, MS, and VS on rotation.  Shred and Hemm are just going to slow you down.

Adding to the already excellent IOs suggested by @Krazie Ivan grab yourself a "Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge" and slot it into Vicious Slash.  You'll want one in a finished build, and they're excellent bang/buck for your powersets.

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to getting higher up on this, it's already better with grabbing dull pain and properly slotting, so I can't wait.