Can't enable shaders on Nvidia RTX 2070

Ah_Ftagn

I recently reinstalled windows and found that my Nvidia RTX 2070 is unable to be recognized as good enough to run city of heroes with the shaders and other customization on. I am wondering if there is anything that can be done about this? I am currently redownloading the game after deleting the whole thing and will post a screenshot as soon as able showing the problem in more detail.

Solved issue for self.

Steps: I deleted and reinstalled the game, then set the executables through both nvidia control panel and windows own graphics settings to use the correct GPU, the Nvidia RTX 2070. (important step if using optimus on a laptop). Following this I went into regedit, navigating to HKEY Current User, then Software, and deleting the entire Cryptic entry. Relaunching the game, I hit cancel instead of Ultra or Regular, then opened the graphics settings within CoH and confirmed the problem fixed.

Edited by Ah_Ftagn

15 hours ago, Ah_Ftagn said:

Solved issue for self.

Steps: I deleted and reinstalled the game, then set the executables through both nvidia control panel and windows own graphics settings to use the correct GPU, the Nvidia RTX 2070. (important step if using optimus on a laptop). Following this I went into regedit, navigating to HKEY Current User, then Software, and deleting the entire Cryptic entry. Relaunching the game, I hit cancel instead of Ultra or Regular, then opened the graphics settings within CoH and confirmed the problem fixed.

Good work!

spacer.png

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!