Much Madness (arc ID 33104) Tweaked, edited, republished.

cranebump

Much Madness (Heroic, L18-22)  (ID: 33104)

Still somewhat new to the whole hero thing, you leap into action, resulting in exposure to a "time spike." Now infected by madness-inducing radiation, you must work with the Autumn Wards to heal yourself, and fend off a nefarious CoT plot. But can you head off your own personal Ragnorak in time?

A follow-up to Full Circle, but works independently. Custom mobs.

NOTE: You might need some version of flight on first map (Skyway, with its stacked freeways).

Feedback always welcome!

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Yet another very well written arc, following on the heels of Full Circle, which attempts to provide an in-game rationalization for the time we spent apart from the City. Lots of dialog, tons of clues, and an overall great story. Like Full Circle, it tells you what your character thinks and says at times, which may annoy Real Roleplayers.

My only real nitpick is the level range... 20-22. If you're playing this with your main character, like Real Roleplayers do, you'll lose all Incarnate powers and half your regular powers. Real Roleplayers get upset when their immortal vampire succubus demon wizard gets defeated by level 22 mobs, which is rather likely to happen when the map contains EBs who summon ambush waves, like this one does. Still, this is an awesome arc that any demon succubus will enjoy.

Ha! Funny. 

I keep assuming folks exemplar down for AE with IOS. Bad assumption probably?

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Feedback: some typos (Thanks Darmian). Also first map spawn issues involving overpasses. Clue needs to be inserted that flight pack may be needed. The vertical aspect to that map makes it bigger than it would first appear. Lost are the default baddies, but they don’t seem to be filling in spaces between patrols. Also need to do a bios check on some entries (including repurposed Omnibots used in Boundless Antiquities). By the way, I think the number of patrols I can add is maxed out. I can probably drop in more baddies next to “destroy objects,” like police cars and such. It feels like the Lost should be there, making mayhem amidst the ruckus. 

Few design notes:

*The Boundless team’s NPC names are all based on mathematicians who’ve dealt with the problem of “squaring the circle.”

*Mission titles are from Emily Dickinson poem, “Much madness is divinis’t sense.”

*Sub titles are mostly from the Edda (I think...).

*”Time spikes.” Had to change the verbiage and concept due to lack of object to represent fissures. Went with snake eggs, since they vibrate.

*Shadow, Chalikar mobs should have enough variety in powersets to make each run a bit different. Basically copied the uniforms and used a simple bio, but the powersets aren’t revealed until you engage them.

*Vidar’s and Hel’s Minions are supposed to summon some critters, but I haven’t seen hem yet.

*Whipsmart from Ordinary People returns (which tangentially explains the repurposed Omnibots, since he’s a tech guy, and on Wards Prime team).

Upcoming: Liberation Game (tentative title): An attempt to free The Five from the Mobius Strip leads to a dicey alliance with Baron Zoria (and more Chalikar meddling). But will the attempt be more trouble than it’s worth? 

Some crossover with Darmian’s “Dark” arcs via the character of Angevin, and hope to work in The Legacy Chain.

Happy trails, kemosabes, 

E

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1