Please give Shield Defense to Sentinels!

I tried that Cake server not that long ago and one of the power combinations I tried was Dual Pistols with Shield Defense. It was freaking glorious. I had such fun. Can HC do this please? I will pay money if I have to in order to see it done. I am quite serious about paying. VERY serious. I suffer from bipolar type 2, and PTSD. This game is the last respite I have from the ugliness of life. Please allow Sentinels to use Shield Defense. I CAN PAY!

Edited by Stunticon_Mechanic
  • Like 1

The issue with shield on Sentinels is none of the animations for using ranged powers with a shield actually exist. On the melee sets, every single power animation, even the ones that look exactly the same, when used with a shield is a different unique animation from the one used without the shield. All the movement animations and the basic combat stance and such could be reused but aside from the powers that already exist in melee AT epic pools, new animations would need to be created for potentially every other ranged primary power, plus some of the support powers in Sentinel epic pools that aren't already in melee ones.

Not saying it's impossible for sentinels to get shields, just that it's vastly more work than just proliferating the set because as it stands, if you just straight ported it over it'd try to call animations that don't exist. And that's before considering what adjustments would need to be made to the set itself - Against All Odds would definitely need changed, if nothing else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?