Losing connection to map server/can't connect to DB

Caligo Bastet

Most Connection issues are User Side. If you are on a WiFi connection try using a wired connection to your Router or Modem. WiFi can work perfectly for streaming or surfing then fail miserably for CoH, this is due to the game needing very low Latency. I was on at about the time you posted and noticed no game side issues.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• Game Master

When you get mapserver errors, and our status page doesn't say OK on the shard you play on, it's on our end.  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/

Otherwise, like Marine X said, you'd have to check your connection: use "/netgraph 1" in-game as a helper to see any connection hiccups and lag. (Same command with 0 in place of 1 to turn it off.)    

• Wi-Fi, if you're on a laptop, play closer to the router.  If desktop, try a wired connection if you can.  If you use Range Extenders or Mesh Networking, move one of the boxes to another outlet and see if the connection improves.
  • ISP: check your ping rates outside.  If your connection has frequent drops, you might want to talk to your ISP about a possible service check.
  • A busy house impacts gaming.  If others are online streaming HD video or using data-intensive activities, it can impact your gameplay. 
Edited by GM Tahquitz

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

I have been disconnecting from mapserver very often too, like every 10 minutes or so. My internet is fast enough and ping speed is around 7ms which is fine too, right?

And I made sure neither the firewall nor antivirus interfere with the game.

Had the same problem in both Excelsior and Everlasting servers.

What else could it be?

Thanks!

speed.jpg

Edited by samlavy

One thing that might help narrow down the issue would be to create a Character on Reunion. It is in Germany, all the other shards are in Montreal. If you get a solid connection there it will point you toward the culprit. There has been an issue with ISPs that are passed through in the Detroit area causing issues with connections to the servers. If you can find a way ( VPN etc. ) to bypass that, you may find a solution. There is really nothing Homecoming can do to avoid this but some players have been able to work around it.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X