Regen: Let's Improve It!

GenesisMan

Ok honestly as someone who is arguing Regen is in a pretty good spot even i'm on board with Leogunner's idea of giving debuff reistances.  Regen's overall survivability when properly built out is in a pretty alright spot BUT it eats every single attack and suffers every single secondary effect and gets full effect of all of both the attacks AND the secondary effects.  Tying some hefty debuff resistance into the set would be a great way to allow it to perform a little more enjoyably for folks while sticking to the regen theme/flavor and it's general current power tier.  All debuff resistance IMO, to-hit/-regen/-recovery/-endo/-damage/-def/-res/slow etc.

This would also indirectly help with the spikey nature of regen since -def debuffing wouldn't hurt as bad, give it a good niche for being a set that can handle endo drain really well...doubling down on the fact it has quick recovery so it'd be an even better pairing for endo heavy sets.  And the debuff resistance would help give it some further distinction from Willpower since they do have some overlaps in many respects.

I'd also be ok with throwing a little more max hp in somewhere, which would help with both spikes and regeneration rate.  But I think those two changes are about as far as I'd go.

Edited by Ralathar44
  • Like 1

It would be interesting to see how Regeneration compares to Resistance in regards to damage mitigation.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Wow, thanks all for the replies and feedback! I appreciate it. I updated my suggestions based on what several of you had to say. I don't think I expected so many different takes on the powerset's state, or even that some think it's okay as is. Anyway, here's a quick list of the stuff I changed, you can see the full details in the first post.

• Reconstruction is now a combo heal and absorb over time power. Modified the activation timing to be quicker than the animation speed.
  • Resilience now resists -rech and -regen effects (now one of three powers with -regen resistance). Increased damage resistance slightly. Dropped the +HP.
  • Dull Pain would also have its activation timing to be quicker than the animation speed.
  • Integration gets additional -regen resistance.
  • Muster Resolve shelved due to feedback.
  • Reinvigorate takes Muster Resolve's place. Click power that grants +rech and a large -debuff resistance, including -regen resistance.
  • No current changes to Instant Healing, though I suspect any changes would be a numbers game and not any actual mechanical changes.
  • No current change to the Revive/Inexorable power, though I do like the overall suggestion that the power works when alive as well (hence my current suggestion).

Thoughts? What still needs tweaking?
Also, several of you mentioned very specific numbers changes which might be valid, but I can't really comment on that. Not a numbers guy, yadda yadda. If this powerset ever does get updated, I know that number tweaks will be a big part of it, but I think I was more focused on giving the set an identity update.

Edited by GenesisMan