Lost AE Mission

ashurakye

I have an AE story mission arc. I was updating and trying to test my mission, but testing only activated the missions as a normal AE task force. I unpublish my story to work on it and see if that lets me test it. The mission is completely deleted and disappears from all records. My previous save slot is missing as well. How do I get my story back? I don't want to start from scratch, and it had 5 stars at 43 votes that I don't want to lose.

I think (it's been a while) if you unpublish you'll lose those, but I'm not 100%.

Do you still have the file in your local stories? If you check your hard drive, do you have the .storyarc file?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Retired Game Master

Greycat is right.  Check the missions folder in your game client, if there's anything in there, it'll be there.

Also: these files are "local only".  That means you need to look for them on the computer you actually made the arc on.  Those files do not leave that system, even after a publish (or consequently, if you deleted and reinstalled Tequila and all the files, those will be deleted too ...if you didn't back them up.)

Remember folks: save often, and back up your client folders if you're into Screenshots, Costumes, Architect Entertainment or Power Customizations.  All of those files are saved locally.

Edited by GM Tahquitz