Macro to Toggle Pet Aggression

Furiant

Hi, I'm looking for a macro which I can hit to toggle between petcom_all Follow Passive and petcom_all Attack Aggressive. I tried the following:

/macro "P" "petcom_all Follow Passive$$petcom_all Attack Aggressive"

But it's always setting them to aggressive. I know I could have the macro load another bind file, but I was hoping there was a simpler way.

• 2 weeks later

you should be able to use the command "gototrayN" where N is a tray number, to do this. 

I don't have access to CoH right now to test, but if you say something like

/macro aggressive "petcom_all goto aggressive$$gototray2"

for one macro, and say that was placed in tray 7, then it would execute the power and swap to tray 2.

in tray 2, you'd have the second command

/macro behave "petcom_all follow defensive$$gototray7"

if the macros exist on different trays but in the same slot, then activating that slot however you like, should fire off the macro which runs the command AND swaps trays so the next time you press the same activation key, the other macro is run, effectively creating a toggle.

I don't think that will work in a single macro command, it'll start at the last command (rightmost) and if then work through the commands to the first one, BUT if the first one it comes to is already executed it will stop there rather than going on to the next one, like it would do if it were activating powers. If you really want a macro it would need to be via bind files I believe.

I do something similar, but with keybinds, I use mouse button 4 and also with lshift+button4, that way you always know which stance you are in when you hit a particular one, where if it's a toggle you might think you are in one, but actually be in the other then set it the wrong way, especially if you double click the macro by mistake (ie if you are lagging and aren't sure the cammand has gone through yet or not).

Anyway mine adjusted for what you would be wanting are:

/bind button4 petcom_all attack aggressive (personally I use number 3 on tray one for this, as if it were a normal personal attack, my button4 bind is actually set to follow passive to quickly bring them to heel if they go chasing things I don't want them to)

/bind lshift+button4 petcom_all follow passive (this is follow defensive in my case)

Just out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you use passive rather than defensive? I only use passive when they run off chasing mobs I don't want them to, to bring them back to me, the vast majority of the time they are on aggressive or defensive.

If you do try @GlobalGirl's suggestion you should probably duplicate every other power in the tray7 (as per their example) with what is already in your tray2, so you always have access to the same powers regardless of which tray you are currently in.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"