Changing graphics quality slider results in game crash

Lascherr

This has been happening for me since the Halloween patch started. If I change the graphics quality slider the game crashes.  Almost always, but not every time. I haven't noticed any trend on what might trigger it, not yet. But it happens most times.  I have sent a crash report each time, with memory dump.  

I have not altered my computer in any way, so I am sure that it is not something on my end.  It started when the Halloween patch hit.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• City Council

I committed a change earlier today, based mostly on crash reports, that should fix this, though I have not been able to reproduce the crash myself so it's not 100% certain. Most likely it will be bundled with some other stability enhancements for a release on Tuesday to coincide with the normal maintenance window.

On 10/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Number Six said:

I committed a change earlier today, based mostly on crash reports, that should fix this, though I have not been able to reproduce the crash myself so it's not 100% certain. Most likely it will be bundled with some other stability enhancements for a release on Tuesday to coincide with the normal maintenance window.

Thanks!  Hope it solves the issue. Just discovered today that it happens on any PC I try.  3 PC's at home all exhibit same crash. 

Cheers!!!

On 10/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Number Six said:

Still getting crashes, and now randomly while doing other things too.  Again, on multiple PC's. Graphics slider, character selection, sometimes zoning....all causing crashes. I always send the crash report, the top one with as much info as possible.  All started with the ToT patch. Never, ever had a crash before that. 

• City Council
On 10/14/2020 at 8:36 AM, Lascherr said:

Still getting crashes, and now randomly while doing other things too.  Again, on multiple PC's. Graphics slider, character selection, sometimes zoning....all causing crashes. I always send the crash report, the top one with as much info as possible.  All started with the ToT patch. Never, ever had a crash before that. 

Please try it now on the latest update. 26.5.2778 if using the new launcher, or... restart Tequila and hope for the best since I don't think it shows the version number anywhere.

Hi! Still happening here too. Exact circumstances for me are usually:

• Changing the graphics quality via the slider
  • Zoning

I've sent the report with memory dump each time so I hope this helps. Zoning alone if I don't touch the slider seems fine. Seems like a new behavior AFAIK.

Edited by elkhor
accuracy

• City Council
29 minutes ago, elkhor said:

Hi! Still happening here too. Exact circumstances for me are usually:

• Changing the graphics quality via the slider
  • Zoning

I've sent the report with memory dump each time so I hope this helps. Zoning alone if I don't touch the slider seems fine. Seems like a new behavior AFAIK.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce it under controlled circumstances -- the ones that I could reproduce were just fixed but it seems to still be happening for some people -- and the clues in the memory dump don't seem to point to anything useful.

The next time it happens, can you go to the advanced options and select "Full Memory Dump"? The upload will be quite large, so please only do this once, and also indicate in the notes that it's the one with the fulldump so that I can find it easier.

21 hours ago, Number Six said:

Please try it now on the latest update. 26.5.2778 if using the new launcher, or... restart Tequila and hope for the best since I don't think it shows the version number anywhere.

Yeah, still happening here...again on multiple PC's..... getting crashes occasionally zoning and using slider for graphics. 😞

• City Council
4 hours ago, elkhor said:

I've done so last night just FYI a bit past midnight. Hope this helps 🙂 Thanks for your time on the matter.

I see it, thanks! It may take a little bit to dig into since it wasn't the obvious case, but hopefully that will have the information I need to determine the actual root cause.

• Thanks 1

• City Council

Those who are experiencing this, if you are running the new launcher, can you please try to reproduce it in build 26.5.3018 on Prerelease?

There is a change there that may help, but if it doesn't should at least provide some more information to help track this one down.