Dark/Poison buil

subbacultchas

This is my current build that I'm loving, with 3 aoes I turned into mini-nukes. It has ~37 s/l def, the rest 15-20 range and using the -tohit and occasional purple to keep defenses high. I'm currently using Mace for the -30 (with proc) -res to bring my total -res output to 90% or so, but I'm also really debating switching to stone. I'm using Vigor alpha for +acc and end red, and probably Clarion for the mez protection. I'd appreciate any input and changes anyone can give. Alkaloid has a +absorb proc in it, but did not add it in mids.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Poison
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- HO:Perox(A), HO:Perox(9), HO:Endo(11), EntChs-Heal%:30(11)
Level 1: Alkaloid -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Envenom -- Acc-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(5), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(7)
Level 4: Weaken -- CldSns-ToHitDeb:30(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb:30(5), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:30(9), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(34)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(7)
Level 8: Living Shadows -- SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx:50(46)
Level 10: Possess -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A)
Level 12: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-ToHitDeb:30(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb:30(40), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:30(40), CldSns-%Dam:30(42)
Level 14: Heart of Darkness -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%:50(15), ScrDrv-Dam%:50(17), Obl-%Dam:50(17), Arm-Dam%:50(23)
Level 16: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Haunt -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(19), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets):50(21), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets):30(34)
Level 20: Elixir of Life -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(25), Rct-ResDam%:50(46)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(27), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold:30(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(29), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg:50(29), Lck-%Hold:50(37)
Level 28: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 30: Paralytic Poison -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End:50(A), NrnSht-Dam%:30(31), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(31), UnbCns-Dam%:50(31), GldNet-Dam%:50(39)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), SvrRgh-PetResDam:50(34), EdcoftheM-PetDef:40(42)
Level 35: Poison Trap -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx:50(A), GldNet-Dam%:50(36), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(36), Erd-%Dam:30(36), ScrDrv-Dam%:50(37), Obl-%Dam:50(40)
Level 38: Venomous Gas -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(39), HO:Enzym(39)
Level 41: Poisonous Ray -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Apc-Dmg:50(42), EntChs-Heal%:35(43), Apc-Dam%:50(43), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(43), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(45)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(46)
Level 47: Disruptor Blast -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg:50(48), PstBls-Dam%:50(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(50), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(50)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), Ksm-ToHit+:30(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(3), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(3), EndMod-I:50(13)
------------

Looks solid overall. I like the set combo, as darkness is slot hungry, and poison doesn't need much at all.

Basic considerations:

- if you want damage, living shadows is a spam worthy procable power. I'd consider switching it to a proc damage focus. 

- with achilles in envenom, you could probably drop it in ray and use that slot for something else.

- VG really doesn't need much slotting love. You aren't getting much defensive value with those two slots. Between its base debuff and your other debuffs and controls, you will be safe. The real value here is the -res.

- If you are keeping possess, it's worth slotting the contagious confusion purple proc. Great way to open up the power. I like possess, but ended up dropping it.

- Shadow field is a very strong proc bomb with pretty good base Mez stats. I would consider refocusing the slots to proc damage.

- You can save a slot by moving the gladiator defense unique from tough to elixir's base slot.

- Haunt is a great place for the fear damage proc or maybe cloud senses proc. The pet def aura is not all that great considering you will be resummoning them often anyhow.

- same goes for the aura in umbra beast. The purple pet buildup proc is great here instead. These auras get much more value on mms. You have plenty of other tools to keep your pets safe, and slots are at a premium to enhance the pets' native power.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Only thing I'm iffy on here is using living shadows as damage. VG and the 2 pbaoe proc bombs pretty much put in in melee range, and jumping in and out doesn't suit me well. I may continue with living shadows as it and the fear cone mostly as short range tohit debuffs on teams.  But I'm definitely using the rest of this, especially Shadow Field as a proc bomb.

I can see why you'd want to keep it simple with aoe/pbaoe. I find hopping in and out of melee part of the fun, and the cone on shadows is pretty forgiving.

On teams, it's usually just a matter of opening with shadows, then hopping in melee. If the spawn persists past your aoes, hop back and spam shadows until something beefier recharges.

Since you are poison, you definitely have a point about vg. Not awesome to lose the debuff when you hop out of melee. If only it was a little stickier!

On my poison defender, I end up using my cone damage pretty often, if only because it's just nice to have more aoes to chain sometimes. You also have the patron blast though, so maybe that will cover you well enough.

The only other piece of advice I have is dark grasp slotting. It becomes a top tier st attack if you fully proc it out, with one acc dam ho as a base slot. It will outdamage anything else in your arsenal by a good margin. This is true of any st hold, but even better for controller holds which can take ranged procs too.

Edited by Onlyasandwich