Game Launching Error with Island Rum

Frostbound

My husband plays the game on a Mac with Island Rum on Catalina. It's been about three weeks since he last launched the game, tonight he updated the latest patch but upon hitting the play button was met with a small generic window with no text. Right-clicking on the CoH icon on the taskbar brings up 'Program Error' but no error codes or way to figure out what the problem is.

He doesn't have the most current version of Catalina and is in the process of updating, but wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this error and if there are any known fixes.

Photo attached of the 'error' window and taskbar icon.

IMG_1948.jpg

if it happens again, close the tiny window (click the red dot--IIRC it is still visible or force quit the exe). Then if Island Rum fires up with no problem, try doing a rescan (click the palm tree icon on the top). It should check if all the files are in order. I don't remember a major change to Island Rum in the past month, though there have been a few updates.

The most current version of Catalina shouldn't be in issue, as I run High Sierra which is several iterations prior to Catalina

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

if it happens again, close the tiny window (click the red dot--IIRC it is still visible or force quit the exe). Then if Island Rum fires up with no problem, try doing a rescan (click the palm tree icon on the top). It should check if all the files are in order. I don't remember a major change to Island Rum in the past month, though there have been a few updates.

The most current version of Catalina shouldn't be in issue, as I run High Sierra which is several iterations prior to Catalina

So he actually has to re-scan every time he launches Island Rum due to another problem we had previously where it gets stuck at “Creating Holding Area 100%”. But re-scanning again doesn’t solve the problem and the red ‘x’ doesn’t work, you have to quit through the icon on the taskbar. The computer’s now been updated and restarted and no joy there either.