Accurate Healing Set(s)

Bay

Running my shiny new Dark Melee/Bio Scrapper these past several days and mentally mapping out sets brought me to an interesting concept/idea/conclusion that, when voiced in /z, garnered 'support' and even got an eves-dropping GM to suggest I come here. So, without further delay, here we go! First time posting here, so please be gentle.

New Accurate Healing IO set(s). As it stands we only have two and of those two, only one is 'designed' for level 50. Neither of those two sets enhance Damage, but we do have several powers that inflict damage and return health (Siphon Life as primary example). After a certain point the 'relatively small' heal that Siphon Life gives is almost worth considering respec'ing out of the power at later levels and higher quantity/quality of sets, but the power itself does inflict rather noteworthy damage. To that end, my suggestion is to give Accurate Healing the same treatment as Endurance Modification by giving it at least one (but hopefully more) new sets that have a Damage enhancing element as well. 

I'm no good at the number crunching and balancing side of things, so unfortunately my suggestion kinda ends there since I wouldn't even begin to know what a viable example would look like. Necromancer's Embrace? Glimpse of Death? Mot's Embrace? Name ideas I can do, but that's about it.

And GM Coldpsark, here's looking at you...

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

2 hours ago, Bay said:

Running my shiny new Dark Melee/Bio Scrapper these past several days and mentally mapping out sets brought me to an interesting concept/idea/conclusion that, when voiced in /z, garnered 'support' and even got an eves-dropping GM to suggest I come here. So, without further delay, here we go! First time posting here, so please be gentle.

New Accurate Healing IO set(s). As it stands we only have two and of those two, only one is 'designed' for level 50. Neither of those two sets enhance Damage, but we do have several powers that inflict damage and return health (Siphon Life as primary example). After a certain point the 'relatively small' heal that Siphon Life gives is almost worth considering respec'ing out of the power at later levels and higher quantity/quality of sets, but the power itself does inflict rather noteworthy damage. To that end, my suggestion is to give Accurate Healing the same treatment as Endurance Modification by giving it at least one (but hopefully more) new sets that have a Damage enhancing element as well. 

I'm no good at the number crunching and balancing side of things, so unfortunately my suggestion kinda ends there since I wouldn't even begin to know what a viable example would look like. Necromancer's Embrace? Glimpse of Death? Mot's Embrace? Name ideas I can do, but that's about it.

And GM Coldpsark, here's looking at you...

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

What if powers like siphon life healed the caster for the same or say 75-90% of the damage dealt? Avoiding unnecessary complications with special sets etc...

20 minutes ago, Epoch Paradox said:

What if powers like siphon life healed the caster for the same or say 75-90% of the damage dealt? Avoiding unnecessary complications with special sets etc...

I could very much get behind that idea as well. Being able to bring up how much is healed by dropping a damage set in would be amazing. In theory I would like to see Scrapper/Stalker Crits possibly also taken into account, but perhaps at a slightly reduced percentage. Base does 75% of Dmg as Heal and Crit is a second tick of, pulling random numbers, 50% of Dmg as Heal. Otherwise I can see that very quickly becoming a broken system.

Would be nice to see either of these put into action though. My own limited knowledge of the game's back-end leads me to believe that an Accurate Healing set with Dmg enhancement would probably be the easier/faster of the two to accomplish while maintaining AT balancing.

9 hours ago, Bay said:

I could very much get behind that idea as well. Being able to bring up how much is healed by dropping a damage set in would be amazing. In theory I would like to see Scrapper/Stalker Crits possibly also taken into account, but perhaps at a slightly reduced percentage. Base does 75% of Dmg as Heal and Crit is a second tick of, pulling random numbers, 50% of Dmg as Heal. Otherwise I can see that very quickly becoming a broken system.

Would be nice to see either of these put into action though. My own limited knowledge of the game's back-end leads me to believe that an Accurate Healing set with Dmg enhancement would probably be the easier/faster of the two to accomplish while maintaining AT balancing.

Same here. Not enough knowledge of the coding aspect to say which would be easier to implement. I would be fine with either type of solution. With the changes I've seen on the beta server such as Scrapper Energy Transfer having a chance to heal when hit is critical, that leaves me very unsure which one would be easier to do.