Knockback or Knockdown?

Legree

It's been quite a while since I last played a Warshade and I'm noticing a couple of inconsistencies.  I can't find anything related to them in patch notes so was hoping that someone familiar with the AT could clear a couple of things up for me.

The text descriptions for Shadow Blast and Dark Detonation both say "may knock down", but when I click on the power icons the info still shows knockback.  I know that KB is a contentious subject so I'm wondering is this just a typo in the description or is it an intended change?  When I've hit a mob with Shadow Blast it still does KB (when it triggers.)  I haven't tried Dark Detonation yet.

Also the green rings that signify the -Rech, -Spd debuff effect from some attacks aren't showing on the mobs I'm hitting with those attacks.  Is this intentional?  Is the debuff still taking effect?  The absence of any visual is slightly disconcerting.

They both do knockback as far as I can remember. If you right click on a power and look in the detailed info section scroll down to where it gives the "magnitude knock" and take a note of the number, if it is less than 1 it is knockdown, greater than 1 is knockback.

As for the green rings, I thought was just for -regen or -healing, but I'm not absolutely certain of that. But the debuffs are definitely happening. Try it on a grey conning mob that isn't low enough level the attack will kill them outright and the slow effect will be obvious. You could also buy the power analyzer from the P2W vendor and use it on a mob to see the exact value of the debuff being applied if you wanted.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

The Power Analyzer from the P2W vendor is an excellent tool for determining if your debuffs are having an effect. Use it on a boss before entering combat and scroll down/expand the section for debuffs, then blast away.

As for KB/KD, as @CaptainLupisstated, if the mag is less than 1 it will be knockdown. If you are fighting enemies less than your level or that are weak to Knock (Clocks,) then the mag will increase and become knockback again.