Add endurance modifier slotting to Obscure Sustenance?

Psyminx

The Sentinel Dark Armour power "Obscure Sustenance" boosts endurance recovery.

It's listed as "+x% endurance recovery rate for y seconds on self", the same as many other powers that accept endurance mod slots.

However, you can't you slot endurance mod enhancements.

Weirdly,  some sites seem to believe you can: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Dark_Armor#Obscure_Sustenance

I guess they've just assumed it's so obvious it must work, no-one's bothered to check if it actually works, which it doesn't. 🙂

(And yes, I've tried slotting directly myself in case it's a UI help issue, but it doesn't work.)

Could we please have this added? It would seem to make things more consistent with other similar powers.

Its 8.5 when you start, fades to 4, then 2.  Going to average about 5 over the long run which is all you need with endurance reduction, and its easy to perma with slotting so you will be running with high endurance recovery before Incarnate.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

First of all, even assuming you are 100% correct it still doesn't explain why endurance modification slotting isn't allowed in a power that does endurance modification?

That said I respectfully disagree with "which is all you need". I agree this is correct for 50+, but not for levelling. This is not the first Sentinel I've levelled, and for an endurance-heavy defensive set to have an endurance boosting power that can't slot one or two EndMod enhancements seems counter-intuitive and has an easy fix that also makes it consistent with other powers. As it stands it's significantly more difficult to level through the mid-30's than other Sentinels.

Edited by Psyminx

I agree seems like it should take Endmod enhancements and sets.  (And should allow you to 6 slot endmod IO's ... even if doing so would make no sense do to ED/diminishing returns). 

On the flip side all the Armor sets vary in Sentinels as to what they provide when compared to the Scrapper, Brute etc. armor sets original powers they replace (the Armor sets are not direct ports) and Dark Regeneration only provides +end via an IO proc of a Accurate Heal set.  And that set/IO proc is an allowed option in the Sentinel power.

Which leaves it up in the air as to what was intended ultimately.  Disclaimer/Disclosure- because my computer died I've yet to try Sentinels so no practical experience there at all.  But I'd lean towards it was not intended to slot Endmod sets/enhancements 

Which doesn't rule out having another look at the power for changes.

Edited by Doomguide2005

10 hours ago, Psyminx said:

doesn't explain why endurance modification slotting isn't allowed in a power that does endurance modification?

Same reason the last power in leadership or ElefAff can't take recharge which is explicitly tasted but affected by global recharge.  It doesn't take it, it would be nice but given proper slotting and that it needs only 1 target vs the Psyche assault in dominators for end/health regen.  Thats still a lot of endurance.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Finally had time to test it, 3 plain recharge at level 30 brings it to 30.67 recharge.  The HP regen is 172% for 10 sec, 172% for 20 seconds, 100% for 60 seconds.  Endurance regen is 60% for 10 seconds, 38% for 20 seconds, 10% for 30 seconds.  Hasten brings it down to 22 seconds, so you will be running 5 endurance then crash to 2.5 then cap buff again real quick.

Endurance regen poops out at 30 seconds, Health regen at 60 seconds but the power is already recharged. 

They should just boost endurance recovery,  Mid shows 1000% health regen which is a massive boost in HP but I find that iffy to believe.  right now on my sent its 8% or 65hp with no health IO when the power is buffing at full, 68 hps with a single level 30 IO so a whopping 3hp more. 

The hitpoint heal actually went up more then I expected; from 160 to 215.  With just a single IO doing that, but in game it says 41hp heal in the stat tab 1 time...how is it 4x higher in the combat log?

They should refine the power, boost the endurance recovery a bit and let it last longer.