Epic Pool Ranged Damage Modifiers

TheEmpyrean

Maybe my search-fu is just weak, but I'm having trouble finding Epic Pool damage scale modifiers--specifically Patron ranged damage, more specifically Scrapper (and Brute) Mace Mastery blasts.

I *think* maybe it's the same as the ranged modifier, but even that I can only find on Homecoming Wiki and so I'm not sure it's up to date.  Can you see damage scale modifiers for powers ingame anywhere?  If so that'd be great because I'd know they were current.

So, if anyone could tell me where to find *current* (or upcoming if they're changing with 27) damage scale modifiers for Epic Pools, or knows them for sure for Scrappers (and Brutes if possible so I can compare for a concept I'm working on), it'd be really appreciated.

Sorry for cluttering up the forums with a thread on this, but I've been looking on forums and google, and asking ingame and looking on MIDS for a while now and can't find it.  I'm sure I'm just missing something 😕

Edited by TheEmpyrean

From the Wiki https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Damage#Damage_Scale:

While the melee archetypes are assigned ranged damage scales, these scales are never used. Ranged attacks on melee archetypes use the melee damage scale.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

11 minutes ago, Uun said:

From the Wiki https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Damage#Damage_Scale:

While the melee archetypes are assigned ranged damage scales, these scales are never used. Ranged attacks on melee archetypes use the melee damage scale.

Thanks for the answer!  Ok, so, just to make sure I'm understanding you--you're saying that you're sure that Epic Pool ranged attacks for scrappers definitely use the scrappers current melee damage modifier?  And if so, this is the same for Brutes?

18 minutes ago, TheEmpyrean said:

Thanks for the answer!  Ok, so, just to make sure I'm understanding you--you're saying that you're sure that Epic Pool ranged attacks for scrappers definitely use the scrappers current melee damage modifier?  And if so, this is the same for Brutes?

Yes, and a pass was made on HC to fix some of the outliers, like Zapp accidentally using the ranged modifier for years on Live.

Brute ranged modifier was buffed to be the same as their melee modifier, so it doesn't matter, but it should be the same, and should all be using the melee modifier.  

Tanks are the only ones that actually use their ranged modifer on HC.  When they got their melee modifier bumped up from 0.80 to 0.95, their ranged modifier was bumped to 0.80 and their epic ranged attacks use the 0.80.  

See the patch notes below

Edited by Omega-202

13 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Yes, and a pass was made on HC to fix some of the outliers, like Zapp accidentally using the ranged modifier for years on Live.

Brute ranged modifier was buffed to be the same as their melee modifier, so it doesn't matter, but it should be the same, and should all be using the melee modifier.  

Tanks are the only ones that actually use their ranged modifer on HC.  When they got their melee modifier bumped up from 0.80 to 0.95, their ranged modifier was bumped to 0.80 and their epic ranged attacks use the 0.80.  

See the patch notes below

Thank you!  While I have your attention...

Speaking specifically of scrapper Mace Mastery... why can't you color-customize the snipe, and is this something that's ever going to be fixed?  You can color-customize the other blasts in the set, why is just this one left out?

Edited by TheEmpyrean

Just now, TheEmpyrean said:

Thank you!  While I have your attention...

Speaking specifically of scrapper Mace Mastery... why can't you color-customize the snipe, and is this something that's ever going to be fixed?  You can color-customize the other blasts in the set, why is just thus one left out?

No idea.  The Mace sets, both Epic and Bane desperately need some review.  Their animations are janky and way too long, the customization is weird or missing and numerically, the powers are generally undertuned compared to their nearest analogues.  

Personally, I avoid the Arachnos Mace if possible.  Mu and Soul are just so much better from a pure efficacy perspective.