Electric/Energy Aura Surprisingly Good

nihonsean

I've been playing an Electric/Energy Aura Sent. for awhile now, I play a lot of character and cycle back to him every few months. By the mid 30's he was doing really well, just with regular enhancements. Getting Thunderous Blast really helped a ton. So this last week I decided to gear him up (I was feeling wealthy from the Halloween events). So 5 sets of Luck of the Gambler later (just 4 per power) some positron's blast sets in AOE and a decimation set and I was able to get him to the soft cap for defense and get hasten pretty close to perma (about 8 seconds down time).  Really, really fun to play this guy. I mostly play brutes and scrappers and this guy is right up there in survivability. It takes him a little longer to kill stuff, but with Thunderous Blast up every 25 seconds or so, plus other AOEs, groups are easy to knock down.

The unexpected synergy between Energy Aura's Energy Drain ability and the endurance drain/recovery suppression from electric attacks means that you can push most mobs endurance to zero pretty quickly. I started hunting Fake Nemisis in PI at 39. Watching them try and put their bubble up with no endurance never fails to make me smile. They still do the little arm move, but without end it doesn't activate. And then they die. Same with Master Illusionists, no endurance = no illusionists or other shenanigans.  

The big hole for this is Psionic damage. I'm using the psionic shield temp power from Vanguard to help with this (+15% def vs. Psi), but it can still hurt, especially when soloing large groups of Rikti or Arachnos.

Still really surprised, and happy, with how this guy is working out. 

• Like 3