Broadsword: Parry reports inconsistent values

xColdxFusionx

The Defense Buff associated with Broadsword's Parry reports different values depending on which archetype you view it from.

When viewed as Tanker, it reports that Tanker grants +15% DEF and Brute grants +11.25% DEF; using the power grants +15% DEF, which does not stack with itself.

When viewed as Brute, it reports that Tanker grants +20% DEF and Brute grants +15% DEF; using the power grants +15% DEF, which does stack with itself.

Images don't appear to be embedding, so have links instead

Tanker -> Tanker (Correct value)

Tanker -> Brute (Incorrect value)

Brute -> Brute (Correct value)

Brute -> Tanker (Incorrect value)

I don't have a Scrapper or Stalker with Broadsword at this time, so I can't confirm what those look like, but there's clearly something weird going on here.

For the record, neither character has Defense Buff enhancements active in Parry.

• 1 year later
On 9/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, Blastwave said:

The 15% Defense from Broad Swords Parry attack still does not stack with itself for Tankers, it does stack for Brutes though.

It's not meant to stack on Tankers by design; this also occurs with Katana/Divine Avalance and Titan Weapon/Defensive Sweep.  I think it's a ballance reasoning since it would be too easy to overinflate the M/L defense on the AT meant to be frontlining anyway.  Frankly Tankers don't need it to stack to be nigh-unhittable anyway.

It's also possible that because the Tanker version is implemented differently for this very reason that the Detailed Info shows inconsistent values between ATs as mentioned in the original two year-old post.  Likely done to normalize values across the board as Parry/Divine Avalanche/Defensive Sweep all add 15% M/L (or M/S for Titan Weapons) defense regardless of AT.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.