Assault hybrid as plant/savage

PainX

On 12/5/2020 at 4:20 PM, PainX said:

do you go core or radial was thinking radial will add front loaded damage as sort of a extra proc but core will like out dps radial

Typically on characters with lower damage caps like doms I'll go with the double hit hybrid.  I'll usually take Soul Drain and having one kin on my team should get my damage to cap at that 300% so the double hit is much more useful.  I think the only ATs that benefit from the other Hybrid most are Stalkers, Scraps and Blasters....oh my....

Edited by Mezmera

4 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Typically on characters with lower damage caps like doms I'll go with the double hit hybrid.  I'll usually take Soul Drain and having one kin on my team should get my damage to cap at that 300% so the double hit is much more useful.  I think the only ATs that benefit from the other Hybrid most are Stalkers, Scraps and Blasters....oh my....

domi damage cap is 400% as per https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Dominator

actualy domi has slightly higher damage scale then stalker at 1.050 melee 0.950 ranged vs stalkers 1.000 melee 0.600 ranged as for why that matters im not even going to attempt that kind of math i just read this guide

15 hours ago, PainX said:

domi damage cap is 400% as per https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Dominator

actualy domi has slightly higher damage scale then stalker at 1.050 melee 0.950 ranged vs stalkers 1.000 melee 0.600 ranged as for why that matters im not even going to attempt that kind of math i just read this guide

Pretty sure it's 300%.  I run with a few statuses showing and damage boost is one that I have showing.  Fairly certain I see it cap the blue number 300%.  Don't recall ever seeing capped 400% in blue in that status.  Maybe you're thinking of damage on top of what you can also slot into the specific power.  So say you can slot 100% additional damage into a specific power and additionally global bonus caps at the 300%.  If that's what you're inferring it is then yes it's 100 + 300.   

Edited by Mezmera

10 hours ago, PainX said:

no slotting has nothing to do with damage caps anyway i said 400% because you said damage cap you meant damage bonus anyway i basicly found what i needed in this thread

Pulled straight from this link it reiterates what I was saying.  Damage bonus factors into how much damage you can do until it doesn't, which is then where you are at the damage cap by factoring in the damage enhancement from slotting your powers combined with the global damage bonus for all your powers you are able to achieve.  

• Doublehit is not subject to the damage cap, because it's not a damage buff, it's a proc. If you're often at the damage cap, Core does nothing for you, so go Radial.

As I was illustrating there's ATs that benefit more from the double hit like Brutes because thanks to a high amount of Fury they'll have their damage boosted to the max typically so they get much more use out of an additional amount of proc damage.  Along with most AT's that have lower damage bonus caps if they're able to already considerably boost it on their own.  

Edited by Mezmera

brute also have a 0.750 damage scale domi has 1.050 melee 0.950 ranged so in reality it sits right on the line here is a quote on that from the thread actualy very interresting since domi sits right on the 1.0 mark they could take advantage of both

"Doublehit ignores AT modifiers, but Core does not. If your AT has a damage scale below 1.000, lean towards Radial. If it's above 1.000, lean towards Core. If you have a lot of pets (whose attacks usually have low base damage, relative to player attacks), again lean towards Radial."

That .75, 1.05 and .95 doesn't have the bearing on the Assault Hybrid as you may think, at least for the damage boosting tree.  Yes the lower damage scale characters would get better use out of the proc if it was solely based on not factoring how much damage boost you can attain already.  The global damage bonus you can attain factors into those multipliers so if you can reach the damage caps it's just better to do that on a dom at 1.05 x 300% damage boost than a brute at .75 x 300% boost yes (brutes have a higher cap though).  

That's just the base damage signifier for certain ATs and their attacks.  Some dom attacks have a significantly higher damage scale like the snipe which is base 3.56 damage.  You take that snipe and then you can magnify it tremendously with global damage boosts.  

A better thing to equate the one hybrid to is Build Up or especially Fury.  It's an internal mechanism for boosting your overall damage for a short time through clicking that certain power whereas the assault toggle gives you a boost in damage by maintaining your attacks, which would be just like a "fury" mechanic but on any AT you want to use this incarnate power on.  

The one Assault Hybrid boosts your current global damage for a time being for every attack you execute which equates into that 300% damage cap you can reach for a dom and is nicely suited to characters with a lot of aoe.  The other Hybrid gives you a damage proc of especially more use if you're already able to near that 300% mark or don't constantly zerg all over the map to get full use out of the other hybrid and this proc damage is then where some of that AT base damage scale weighs in based on a certain percentage of that specific attacks damage.   

So yes on a Brute it'd be a proc percentage based on whatever attack it may be like Energy Transfer as opposed to a Jab.  But since you're already basically capping your damage boosting with fury the one assault hybrid that boosts your damage is meaningless therefore it's just better to have the proc anyways.  

Tanks and other characters sub 1.0000 damage scale would be better off with the proc and higher damage scale characters would be better with the damage boosting but ultimately the question you want to ascertain for your character is how close are you already to capping your damage boosting abilities.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1