Fire/Fire/Psi

Seigmoraig

Hi team, I've been away from the game for a while and now I'm Back !
I've been toying with this build for a bit, but my build skills are kind of rusty ! I managed in this build to get near perma hasten (0.9 secs off) and Link Minds but my defenses are not especially hot. I think this might just be a /Fire thing and capping out positionals and hasten at the same time is unfeasible. I went with Psi pretty much only for Link Minds to try and get as much Def as possible since there is no +Def toggle in /Fire. If anybody has any insights into how to make this better, please share !

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(15)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 2: Molten Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(34), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), PstBls-Dam%(37)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 8: Blaze -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(19)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 12: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), StdPrt-ResKB(21)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Blazing Blast -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(37), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 20: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 28: Burn -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Ags-Psi/Status(31), Ags-ResDam(33)
Level 32: Inferno -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Erd-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Cauterizing Blaze -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal(37)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Mass Hypnosis -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Psychic Shockwave -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Link Minds -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), RedFrt-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------
------------

image.png.e2c84fbf4a5c67b7e22961ecf893069e.png

Edited by Seigmoraig

14 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

capping out positionals and hasten at the same time is unfeasible.

This isn't limited to /Fire.  IO set diversity in ranged and TAoE attacks is pretty terrible next to melee counterparts.  This makes building more defense in with IO sets a pain.  It makes it a decision of using Winter Sets or not, or expanding your attacks to include melee or not.  

If you're happy with the build, then good.  You could probably change some things and even lower some of your defenses if you wanted.  Just prioritize damage first, aim for mid to upper 60's on your S/L resistance or higher, and then your healing.  Another thing to maybe consider with Fire Blast in particular is endurance consumption.  Fire can be expensive to spam when you use Fireball rotationally.  Your current end drain of 2.91/s looks low to me.  Consume isn't that great but you may want to invest a little more recharge there.  Accuracy is important too because missing with that skill hurts.  

You invest a lot into Maneuvers but Weave is better.  It is a slight gain, but if you're looking for gains... well slot Weave. 

You're spreading yourself a little thin.  I do like to try to get multiple defenses into the 30's myself.  However, this is a build with Burn which puts you more at risk in melee.  May as well consider focusing on just one positional like melee vs trying to turn Fiery Aura into Super Reflexes.  Tailor the build's defensive strengths towards the content you expect to handle the most.  Then, just acknowledge the other areas of weakness are a risk you are willing to accept.  

That's how I try to approach builds.  Though I did get completely tired of that and just shifted my resources towards building other versions of my heroes with more comfortable secondaries.  Obviously not universal advice there, but I am just being real as to why I use Invul/Energy Aura/SR so much.