Savage Melee/Shield Defense concept

Apocohotep

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am new to scrappers but felt inspired by a post regarding the use of combat teleport to snatch up fleeing mobs. I've read about Savage's dps woes but the idea of two gap closers and fold space just sounds hilariously fun. I don't know enough about the power sets to decide what to skip but can I get some ideas on how to level out something like this? 

On 12/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, Apocohotep said:

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am new to scrappers but felt inspired by a post regarding the use of combat teleport to snatch up fleeing mobs. I've read about Savage's dps woes but the idea of two gap closers and fold space just sounds hilariously fun. I don't know enough about the power sets to decide what to skip but can I get some ideas on how to level out something like this? 

I’m not with my computer right now, so can’t check my builds. 

Although stalker savage may do more damage (this is pretty much true of most shared sets), the scrapper version still does very good damage. Savage isn’t a slouch on scrappers. 

I think I only skipped confront and shred on savage. Savage has enough AoE to not pick up shred. I never take confront on scrappers.  For shield I generally only skip grant cover and one with the shield. I have shifted to using rune of protection over one with the shield because of its better up time and it gives a good boost to mitigation.

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, Saikochoro said:

I’m not with my computer right now, so can’t check my builds. 

Although stalker savage may do more damage (this is pretty much true of most shared sets), the scrapper version still does very good damage. Savage isn’t a slouch on scrappers. 

I think I only skipped confront and shred on savage. Savage has enough AoE to not pick up shred. I never take confront on scrappers.  For shield I generally only skip grant cover and one with the shield. I have shifted to using rune of protection over one with the shield because of its better up time and it gives a good boost to mitigation.

Skipping grant cover is a mistake on shield it is roughly 25% of your Defensive debuff resistance

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

8 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

That is a fair point, but I have never regretted skipping it. 

One with the shield is the most skip able ; I [personally just use it at level 49 to drop one of my global defense IO's

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

3 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

One with the shield is the most skip able ; I [personally just use it at level 49 to drop one of my global defense IO's

I agree that OwtS is generally skippable. I don’t take it on my shield characters.  However, I’m sure some people like taking it.