XP/Influence question

Incursion

So I’m working on a three part mission series. For now I’m keeping it simple just getting some of the basics down. I have created a lieutenant class, a boss class, and an elite boss class character. I have made sure that the hundred percent bar for experience is in fact 100%. However, when I go into the mission and actually fight the enemies The XP value is significantly lower than some other missions I have seen.

Maybe it is due to the composition? For example my first mission is all lieutenants, the second mission is to bosses with a group of lieutenants, and the third mission is all bosses.

I also could not seem to spawn group that contained all three, only two out of the three groups that I created hence why there’s no elite boss in the examples above. That being besides the point, the XP thing is a little bit more annoying and harder for me to understand.

• Lead Game Master

For full XP, a group has to have Minions, LTs, and Bosses (EB/AV not required, though any group with EBs/AVs must have the other three to receive full XP on the EBs/AVs as well). This is to discourage people from making an "all boss" group, for example.

As for specific composition, the game "randomly" picks from available units, based on the player's number of teammates (or their difficulty rating, whichever is higher). For 1 player, the game usually picks 3 minions for a group, but a single LT standing by themselves isn't unheard of.  At 2 players, you usually add an extra minion or LT in a group, or you'llg et a group of 2 LTs and 2 Minions. At 3, it starts to put bosses in, sometimes at the expense of a minion or LT, but sometimes not (someone feel free to correct me on this point!). Having "bosses disabled" will still spawn bosses, but downgrade them to LTs (and it will downgrade any EBs into Bosses). This is something you can NOT control for. If you want a spawn to have three LTs and only three LTs, someone can come it at x1 and only see 1 LT, while someone else can come it at x8 and see like 6-10 of them.

Some specific missions in the game subvert these rules (TFs with multiple EB/AVs in a group, for example), but those are hand-coded to be exceptions, and are not available for use in AE missions.

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

13 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

For full XP, a group has to have Minions, LTs, and Bosses (EB/AV not required, though any group with EBs/AVs must have the other three to receive full XP on the EBs/AVs as well). This is to discourage people from making an "all boss" group, for example.

As for specific composition, the game "randomly" picks from available units, based on the player's number of teammates (or their difficulty rating, whichever is higher). For 1 player, the game usually picks 3 minions for a group, but a single LT standing by themselves isn't unheard of.  At 2 players, you usually add an extra minion or LT in a group, or you'llg et a group of 2 LTs and 2 Minions. At 3, it starts to put bosses in, sometimes at the expense of a minion or LT, but sometimes not (someone feel free to correct me on this point!). Having "bosses disabled" will still spawn bosses, but downgrade them to LTs (and it will downgrade any EBs into Bosses). This is something you can NOT control for. If you want a spawn to have three LTs and only three LTs, someone can come it at x1 and only see 1 LT, while someone else can come it at x8 and see like 6-10 of them.

Some specific missions in the game subvert these rules (TFs with multiple EB/AVs in a group, for example), but those are hand-coded to be exceptions, and are not available for use in AE missions.

Thank you for the explanation, I worked some minion in, and it corrected the issue i was having on the first 2 missions.  Mission one now has minions and Lt's, seemingly giving full XP.  My settings are +4/8 on the character creating stuff.  The second mission i was able to roll all 3 so each group had 2 bosses, and a mix of Lt's and minions.  The 3rd Mission i added an EB, but he won't spawn for some reason. Not a big deal, as i added some patrols and ambushes to make it a little different than mission 2.  I did make a mission with all bosses for fun, but put a note in the description to expect a heavy penalty regarding XP.  I do wonder though, even though XP is different, do those bosses still have the higher % of drops (think it was 8% chance compared to 2ish/5ish for minions/LTs).  Seems a more efficient way of acquiring rare salvage and more chances at rare and very rare recipes.  

• Lead Game Master

EBs do not spawn "naturally". You have to create a "Fight a Boss" objective, and specify the EB as the "boss".

Many missions will sometimes just fill the whole map with these sorts of objectives, so that each group has an EB or AV in it.

Good luck with your creation!

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!