Savage Melee/Bio Armor

Tigersoul78

I am up to level 32 on my Savage/Bio and no power has been poor enough for me to think, "Get rid if it when you next respec." Hemorrhage however doesn't get as much use as other attacks, so if you have to skip something, I'd consider it.

I have a 42 Savage/Regen.  Can't comment on the bio part, but Shred (the cone) and Hemmorage feel the most skippable.  After Confront, at least.  Shred is very narrow and its a good filler early on, but it's a bit finnicky and the damage isn't super impressive.  Rending Flurry (if I'm remembering the name of the AoE right) provides more than enough AoE combined with Savage Leap, especially if you have a good amount of Recharge or Hasten.  Leap in, spin, build Blood Frenzy on the boss, spin again to most-likely KO a bunch of minions, and then Blood Thirst to keep your Bloody Frenzy and clean up.  Once I get my APP AoE I imagine it'll be delicious.

If Shred worked like it was advertised in Mids, then it'd be a different story since you could like... hit five stacks > Shred > Blood Thirst > Shred > Shred without any pauses, which could be pretty cool if you can get the positioning down.  But sadly, Shred is pretty generic as far as attacks go and doesn't work like that in-game.

Hemmorage is a single target killer, but Maiming Slash, Savage Strike, and Vicious Slash are enough to kill most bosses pretty quickly as is.  It feels like it'd be situationaly awesome and something you might want if you're solo hunting AVs, maxing Pylon kill speed, or that sort of thing.  Could be handy solo against the tougher boss enemies.  In most team situations, most potential targets are gonna get mowed down too quickly though. 

But, as awesome as it could be, I have to wonder if the loss of end discount/recharge makes it worth using if you don't have a gapless, low cost attack chain without Bloody Frenzy, Blood Thirst notwithstanding.

That or 3 attack, 2 acc, 1 recharge for basic slotting, depending on how well you can manage the blue bar.  You could put -Def in Shred if you wanted to make it easier to hit things, but not sure how worthwhile that'd be.

I've seen some people in Help on Everlasting vehemently insisting you only need 1 acc for most attacks, but I get the feeling that'll make you struggle at higher notoriety or against enemies with defense buffs or to-hit debuffs and kinda disagree with it.

EG:  Enemy has 25% defense buff or you get a 25% tohit debuff, 1 acc gives you a ~66.5% chance to hit while two acc gives you a ~83% chance to hit.  That's the difference of missing about 1 out of every 3 attacks versus 1 out of every 5.  Of course though, if the enemy has a ton of defense or you take a massive tohit debuff, then it really won't matter if you have one or two acc because that's gonna put you at like... 13% versus 16% chance to hit or something.