Glue Arrow bugs.

Luminara

Glue Arrow's pseudo-pet disappears at the 30s mark.  The patch persists for the full 60s duration, but there's no visual indicator that the patch is there after 30s.

When using Glue Arrow with powexec_location target, the pseudo-pet typically spawns under the terrain when the power is used at any elevation above whatever the current map defines as 0'.  This causes Glue Arrow to appear on the ground, for example, when the player tries to use it on a balcony or elevated platform.  When used in large outdoor maps with hills, it goes under the ground and only affects foes half of the time (presumably, it's falling all the way down to the "bottom" of the map).

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:35 AM, Luminara said:

When using Glue Arrow with powexec_location target, the pseudo-pet typically spawns under the terrain when the power is used at any elevation above whatever the current map defines as 0'. 

This explains my experience with it -- the piers in PI are a structure that creates an elevated platform over the water (known from having reported two people who, back on Live, found a geometry hole allowing them to get under the piers), and the walkways in Crey's Folly are, obviously, elevated.

I would expect to see the same problem in most of Founder's Falls, as the pavement there is uniformly elevated over the water level.

46 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

This explains my experience with it -- the piers in PI are a structure that creates an elevated platform over the water (known from having reported two people who, back on Live, found a geometry hole allowing them to get under the piers), and the walkways in Crey's Folly are, obviously, elevated.

I would expect to see the same problem in most of Founder's Falls, as the pavement there is uniformly elevated over the water level.

It's bad in Croatoa.  Striga wasn't much better.  I think tweaking powexec_location to raise the target location slightly above ground level would probably fix that issue, as well as others reported when using other powers with the command.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Makes me wonder if 'powexeclocation target' isn't taking the target object's coordinates, 'noticing' that the vertical coordinate is greater than the ground level, and replacing the vertical coordinate with the ground level, whether or not that's the right thing, instead of doing an occlusion check vertically to find the highest surface at or below the target's position and using that.