Baron Zukor mission bug?

Shenanigunner

So I think I have gone to run the "Baron Zukor" mission (redside, level 20) a couple of times in the last year and like last night, always find that it seems to be bugged.

You go into a warehouse and the objective is "go to the meeting room." The back large room is filled with (blue) hero NPCs, all chatting. There's two NPCs up on the raised level with a podium. Going to the room does nothing. Clicking on all the NPCs and the podium does nothing. A teammate got a message from the podium that "only the team leader can blah blah blah" but even switching the star didn't enable any kind of action. So again, we gave up and left Baron Zukor in peace.

Does anyone have any info on this mission, or how to "go to the meeting room" or how to trip the next round of action?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

The only person you actually have to speak to in that room during the first objective is Martial Gloom, on the ground floor near Hollow Point and Omnicore, everyone else is optional. Once you've spoken to him, his name will be called and he'll run to and enter the guarded backroom door. After a short while he'll come out and the mission leader's name should be called by Giga Watts and the team should be allowed to use the door and talk to Baron Zukor. After exhausting his dialogue and leaving through the door you entered by, you talk to Giga Watts, then Mangle in the centre of the room. Defeat him, then talk to Giga Watts again, and Mission Complete! That should be the bare minimum actions required.

Edit: Specifically, to progress the first objective Gather information from other Destined Ones, you need to click on Martial Gloom's two dialogue options: 

• Why is that? and:
  • Sounds like you've got it all planned out.

If you don't click this second option and instead close the window, the objective will not progress.

Edit 2: Realised we were talking about different missions. Disregard me!

Edited by Aberrant
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

Thanks, will try again. Both my teammate and I repeatedly clicked on every figure in the room and got no response. This is at least the second time this ihas occurred on this mission. It perhaps needs editing to amplify the "go to the meeting room" objective.

UPDATE: Tried again and yes, there's an NPC chat line from Baron Gloom who says "go to the back room." Easy to overlook and clicking on him produces no further response.

Bad, bad, bad mission design when the objective (the door at the far end of the room) isn't pointed out as an objective and only this one 'missable' hint is given. Even with the clue, you have to figure out where "the back room" is.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Yeah, some aspects of these late live arcs are not well-designed.  I run this particular arc anyway because the last mission is hella fun, but the last time I ran it with a team we ran all over the room trying to figure out where we were supposed to click.  And that's another aspect of bad design; all these "talk to this guy" who will only talk to the team leader so the rest of the team misses out on the plot.  This is an MMO, mission design should not discourage teaming.

Writers/writing is not incidental to game/mission design. Mastery of the mission editor... ain't enough. 😛

21 hours ago, Aberrant said:

Edit: Specifically, to progress the first objective Gather information from other Destined Ones, you need to click on Martial Gloom's two dialogue options: 

• Why is that? and:
  • Sounds like you've got it all planned out.

If you don't click this second option and instead close the window, the objective will not progress.

The only objective I see is "Gather in meeting room." Nothing changes that until I find (and click on) the back door. The only clue of what to do is semi-hidden in Gloom's one line of NPC chat.

(Also, once you enter the meeting room, you can't go back to the warehouse, which is anomalous in gameplay and mission design.)

Mission needs overhaul. Post filed over in Rug Beports.

8 minutes ago, Aberrant said:

Edit: Nevermind, Just realised we were talking about two different missions, disregard!

WELL, then. Humph. 🙂

(has anyone else noticed that if you type a smiley, further editing of that paragraph gets borked?)