Having a UI issue

4th.survivor

Hey gang. I can't figure out what's causing this - note the contact dialogue window is scaled down SUPER SMOLL. It's annoyingly hard to click such small interaction text and reading it when it's that tiny is manageable but feels unnecessary.  I should note that whatever caused this appeared somewhat out of the blue, and only on one character!  It is persistent to the character.

I have tried - messing with graphic resolutions, switching to/from window mode, switching UI scaling to auto/manual, scaling the UI up/down (this works, but the contact window is always half size, so if I were to make it as big as the rest of my UI, my UI would fill the screen at mammoth size), and loading chat and window settings from defaults. None of this has solved the issue. It feels like there is a secret 'Contact UI' option and that the scale for such an option magically was set to 50%. I'd love to correct this, since this character is a 50 and I play them semi frequently. My other characters do not have this problem.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

contact UI.png

7 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

/windowscale contactdialog 1.25

(the number can be between .64-1.99, so 64-199%)

Window scaling was long .65 to 2.0, but has been up to 5.0 since at least I25.

Also note that window scaling and the relatively new UI scaling interact quite a bit.

EDIT:

15 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

This might be helpful, not sure what that Windows name would be. You could try the /window_resetall to reset

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Window_Scale_Guide

I've only skimmed this page, but much of it seems wrong or outdated. Besides the window scaling range, the discussion of 2D vs 3D scaling seems... confused. I just spent quite a bit of time messing with window scaling and UI save/load, and my experience doesn't match a lot of what this topic says. Verb. sap.

And I believe the list of windows in the Guide (along with their descriptions and control features) is currently the most accurate and complete. I reviewed all other resources and then tested every name and option set. 🙂

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

@Shenanigunner
I apologize, I was so excited to find the answer I forgot to give credit to where I found it, which was your fantastic guide(I already had it downloaded but forgot apparently)!

I didn't read the scaling section, just the window name part so I didn't notice the difference. That's good to know. And I thought 1.99 was big, holy cow! 😮

Thanks for the hard work making that guide, I need to look at some more stuff!

8 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

I didn't read the scaling section, just the window name part so I didn't notice the difference. That's good to know. And I thought 1.99 was big, holy cow!

2x used to be big. On a 4K screen, though, it could be "just big enough,." I can see why giving generous scaling for high-rez monitors was a good move, especially when UI Scaling can effectively reduce the window scale quite a bit. Even so, 5x is... probably good for the next 20 years. 😄

(Thanks for the good words, too!)

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com