Move the Ouroboros entry spawn point & reverse PoV at Portal entries

Everyone who enters Ouro spawns at the glowing exit. Lots of people zone in and just stand there, waiting for Trials or teams to form and start. This royally clogs up the exit.

Can the entry spot be moved, maybe to the middle of the reflecting pool or to one of the floating islands? That'd get a lot of people out of the way of the door.

Different suggestion: Can the point of view be reversed when traveling through a portal like the Base portal or RWZ portal from the RWZ base to the outside zone? (Not sure if this is dictated by camera settings)

Currently when you click the glowing blue pillar, it puts you in the new zone with the vantage of running forward out of the pillar, with the pillar now behind my toon. Just often enough to be annoying, when I try to mouse-steer and run away from the pillar I accidentally click on it again and go back where I came from.  Not a huge deal if I was near a base beacon but if I just used my vet power I now can't get back in for 10 minutes and am sad.  With the camera reversed, like exiting a door, it's easier to steer and go somewhere else.

Please save me from sadness and replace with holiday joy!

I agree about the traffic at the Oro landing point. Especially when you get those idiots who stand there with Incarnate pets/MM pets/huge flashy powers. It makes it hard to even click the portal again to leave the zone.

1 hour ago, ninja surprise said:

Just often enough to be annoying, when I try to mouse-steer and run away from the pillar I accidentally click on it again and go back where I came from. 

GOD YES. I have done that so many times. Gone into my base, alt tabbed as it was loading (not a long load at all, but just to do other stuff) then come back, gone to click somewhere..and bam, back through the portal.

Even if you just zoned into base a few feet from the blue swirly bit.

Similarly..zoning from Team Transported. WHY does it port you in looking away from the very door you are trying to get to? Considering you took the TT, pretty fair to assume you want to go into said mission.

Please make us face the door!

I've never understood the behavior of going through a portal and then just AFKing on the other side. Happens constantly in WoW, where people go through a portal and then summon their largest mount, and then just sit there. Of course, in WoW you can just run right through them, but still.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, ninja surprise said:

Everyone who enters Ouro spawns at the glowing exit. Lots of people zone in and just stand there, waiting for Trials or teams to form and start. This royally clogs up the exit.

I agree that this can be annoying.

On 12/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, ninja surprise said:

Can the entry spot be moved, maybe to the middle of the reflecting pool or to one of the floating islands?

This I do not agree with. Moving the spawn point is fine, but into the reflecting pool means an annoying area that you spawn into and have to jump out of every time, and to one of the islands means that if you don't have fly or a jump/jetpack (which some people may not) you have to leap from said island, fall all the way to the ocean below, be teleported into the pool, *then* jump out, which is even more obtuse and annoying. Even if one had a method of jumping/flying from the island, you'd be spawning well away from literally *everything* in the zone. Spawning into the pool would also mean that one of the pretty scene dressings of the zone that makes it nice to look at would basically be permanently occupied by six or seven people and their respecting hoard of mastermind pets, kind of ruining the ambience.

If one must move the spawn point, I'd suggest moving it simply up and to the right or left, so you spawn at the foot of the stairs but not crowding The Pilgrim as he's a story arc contact that introduces new people to the whole Ouroboros concept, though now when you zone in you are centered with the rest of the zone, which provides a really cool line of site when entering, past the Pilgrim, across the pool and into the giant pillar inside the hub building. The only other reasonable spot I can think to zone people in would be at the back of the zone near the echo portal and recovery teleporters, but then when you zone in you'll be looking at a blank wall and a row of recovery beacons. If we must move the spawn point, perhaps we could simply move it *behind* the entry/exit portal? As we spawn basically out of it into the space in front of it, this makes it a little tricky to click on if people zone in and AFK, crowding it. If the spawn point was moved to *behind* the portal, there is still plenty of free ground space left there for AFK'ers to be dumped and out of the way for those of us just trying to get in/out of the zone.

All that said though, the latest issue *did* add a new command line to interact with objects in front of you, such as doors, glowies and NPCs, so if the issue is you being able to click on the portal to leave because of a flush of immobile PCs, this command should work if you simply approach the portal and use it. I've personally never had an issue clicking on the portal myself, even with a significant crowd, but if you seem to run into it frequently, then that's an easy solution that you can bind to a key and use for *everything* from approaching a door to activating a glowie to talking to your contact. As it stands I don't think this is a change that's needed, because other than sometimes causing a large crowd of people in a small zone that doesn't really impede access to the portal, there's really no harm in how things are now. It just might be a bit unsightly.

Edited by JKPhage
  • Like 1