The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Is there a way to set up a series of short backwards jumps?

aethereal

I would like to make a macro that would execute a series of, I don't know, three or so short backwards jumps -- minimal height, like you just tapped the spacebar with s held down a few times.  Is this at all possible?  /up 1 appears to give a big old jump, and it doesn't seem to accept less-than-1 parameters.

If there's any fractional way to implement up, or any jump, based on the duration of a key press as it's done in normal play, I can't think of it. You would have to use a macro keyboard with definable key intervals to do it. I will experiment with mine tomorrow to see if it can be done that way, but I can't think of any way to do it using standard slash commands and binds. The system just doesn't have any way to define fractional time inputs.

It could be done using combat teleport or one of the other fast, short-range teleports, I think.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

And, just testing, I think it could be done with a macro keyboard. My Logitech setup has some annoying quirks in that I can't seem to record in-game WITH key delays included, and recording a string outside the game doesn't quite work (it doesn't recognize that S is pressed during the jumps). But I'm sure it could be done.

In-game, macro/bind, though... nope. That would be the kind of power-stringing the bind system was carefully designed to prevent.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I went back and tried variations of the simple bind:

/bind B "+up$$+backward"

and it works, for certain values of "work"... meaning, first, that it's going to be full jump height and distance, not a hop, but also that the '+up' parsing bug means the first command in the string latches on. That is, the above bind latches you into running backwards, same as a '++backward' bind would do. Switching the two latches you in up mode. Sigh.

Hmm. Thought. Maybe a null command at the start of the string... ETA: nope.

Edited by Shenanigunner