Flashtoo's Graphic Mod Compendium

This thread is way, way overdue, but here it is. More will be added as I continue to dig through my old files, and in the event that I actually make anything new.

I Make Clientside Graphic Mods!

Sometimes I, or someone I know, will find some unpleasant visual that needs changing, so I go change it. Installing these mods is a simple process, even for people who don't know how to computer - I have packaged them with the file paths already set up, so all you need to do is unzip them drag and drop the folder named "data" into your City of Heroes install directory. No editing of anything is needed.

Labeled Beacons

Download from GDrive

Download from City Modder

Spoiler

ArcaneBeacons.thumb.JPG.b4a662f039f8b9fad73687ea60999f1c.JPG TechBeacons.thumb.JPG.ba2ae901b311c571cd61bf347621d9bf.JPG

Credit to 12thPower for the idea. Check his version out too and see which you like better.

Adds text to the base teleporter beacons, so you can tell at a glance which zone a teleporter goes to without having to remember where you've seen that scenery. Arcane beacons are labeled in a flowing script while tech beacons display a computer-style font, both chosen for a balance between easy readability and aesthetic.

Sixfold Snowflakes
Download

Spoiler

snowflake2.JPG.673afd8150aca0bd3ca147c24ee4a777.JPG CryoAmmo.png.4ee5b6d0cff56abee4809d35fd67c873.png

Ice crystals don't have eight points and I hate when they have eight points so I made this for my own sanity. Changes the Snowflake 2 chest emblem and the Cryo Ammo button for dual pistols to six-pointed designs.

Detailed Skull 3
Download

Spoiler

skullComparison.png.98b59b7590279013d9986ec345d89c18.png

The Skull 3 emblem is derpy looking. This skull design was found on the side of a Praetorian tank and looks much more badass.

Smoothed Metallic 2
Download

Spoiler

metallic2_beforeafter.png.ae6ec487611216284d033725c8f1a436.png

A version of the Metallic 2 body textures for males with the compression damage smoothed out and re-saved without compression. Much larger file size than the original; don't get this if you have a potato machine or have already installed many retexture mods with large file size. IMO worth it, YMMV.

Office Plant Upgrade

Download from City Modder

Spoiler

PlantBefore.thumb.png.8a5dcca912a4c98bdbd3a0b91915e82d.pngPlantAfter.thumb.png.8d13e132bd260c1427e308fb9668ac07.png

Graphic for this plant is natively 256x512 but looks like a much smaller image scaled up to be that size, and not very well. This mod replaces it with a smoother graphic made from a free stock photo of a similar plant that was big enough to begin with. Still 256x512, still looks better.

Edited by Flashtoo
New mod
  • Like 6

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

• 2 months later

Think you can help with this one, Flashtoo? It's a fix for the glitched mist/smoke texture overlay used in Night Ward/DA Incarnate arcs/etc.

Here's a link to the Reddit thread where I've put screenshots of the bug up, done some digging, and managed to fix a couple of the textures it uses. I'm still missing one and I'm a bit stumped for finding it. I've put the modified (100% transparent replacements) texture files that I've made to kill 90% of the bug in a MEGA download link on the topic.