Fire/rad power leveling? still viable?

VypakQc

Hi... I used to play CoH / CoV when it was live, but stopped before the current issue...

I remember doing power leveling when there was double xp weekend and went from 1 to 50 in less than 2 days with a fire/rad controller team.

I was wondering if it was still viable? I've seen most thread goes for fire/kin... has there been changes that makes that build better than fire/rad?

It is "better" because they can go from point A to B faster which is what matters when power leveling. /rad will be safer. /rad still remains one of the best powersets controllers get.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

As long as you do not try to compete with a /kin in speed or AoE burst, Fire/Rad is still a great combo capable of pretty much anything - including farming.

Make sure you make good use of Bonfire with the KBtoKD enhancement for extra safety. Add in flashfire, cinders, choking cloud and starving imps of doom and you'll be more than capable do chew big mobs.

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

• 1 month later

I have yet to see a farming fire/rad build.  I know they exist, but is that something folks don't really share?

~Beorn

People can be a little stingy with builds, don't know for sure why, and this is especially true for farmers (don't help competition I guess?). Also, the amount of people who use the forums is very small compared to the amount of people who are actually playing, making builds more rare to find for anything.