Fire/Psi/Fire build opinions/suggestions

Captain Fabulous

I'm baaaaack! Really enjoying this character, but lamenting the squishiness. I'm trying to build in as much defense as possible without losing PermaDom but it's proving to be challenging. Right now I'm at ~28% melee/ranged and 26% AoE defense and capped S/L resists. Good, but not great. Any advice is appreciated.

A couple of things:

• This character is very thematic, so */*/Fire is essential
  • I won't drop Rise of the Phoenix or Afterburner so please don't suggest it
  • Not willing or able to spend huge $$$ on this, needs to be kept under ~100 million unless someone wants to be my sugar daddy, so this rules out purples, ATOs, and other ridiculously overpriced IOs
  • Gotta have PermaDom. Non-negotiable

And... GO!

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Slv-Acc/Dmg(A), Rui-Acc/Dmg(3), Dmg-I(3)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(17)
Level 8: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Flashfire -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(19), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(19), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(21)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 16: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ResDam-I(25)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(25), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(27), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(33), DefBuff-I(33)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Bonfire -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(33), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36)
Level 28: Hot Feet -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(40), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(43)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(43), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(45), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(45), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(46), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(50), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 41: Fire Ball -- AirBrs-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg(46), Dmg-I(46)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ResDam-I(48), ResDam-I(48)
Level 47: Rain of Fire -- AirBrs-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg(48), Dmg-I(50)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(15)
------------

Edited by Captain Fabulous

Move Bombardment from Bonfire to Fireball, then you can max it out for a bit more Ranged Defense. Bonfire does its damage too slowly to use it as a major AoE damage power.

Swap slotting in Hot Feet and PsyShockWave... you want the set with more EndREduction in the toggle, and the set with more Recharge bonus in the click attack.

Put the Steadfast IO in Tough, and try to find another slot. Then with 4 slotted Fire Shield, put 4xUnbreakable Guard for a Melee Defense bonus.

For an end build, you'll want Hasten 2 slotted with 2 50 IOs, boosted higher. Use the slot into Char and get 4x Basilisk's... right now it's not slotted much as a damage attack to be worth using, and it's not a good Hold either, so may as well pick a use for it: damage with procs, or Hold. Procs should be used with 6 slotting it, and you want it with fewer slots, so 4x Basilisk's gives you a bit of Ranged D, more Recharge, and a usable Hold.

It looks like you are trying to leverage set bonuses from Numina's Convalesence, but I (personally) don't think they are really that great and they aren't leveraging the use of slots in Drain Psyche in a particularly optimal way (except for the recharge time). 

Here is the my slotting of Drain Psyche in my Fire/Psi Dominator to get some extra +End, %Absorb (when damaged), and adds Accuracy (including a set bonus!) as well as %damage:

Level 20: Drain Psyche

• (A) Theft of Essence - Chance for +Endurance: Level 30
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 50
  • (33) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 50
  • (33) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing: Level 50
  • (33) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (34) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 50

None of the pieces should be particularly expensive, and IIRC the Touch of the Nictus pieces can be boosted to 50+5, should you desire.

It also appears that for Fire Imps you went for the (defensive) set bonuses from the Call to Arms set, but keep in mind that that set is a level 10-30 set and that Fire Imps is a T9 power, so there may be some loss of Accuracy /Damage by using enhancements that cap at level 30. I also don't think it is worth slotting Defense/Resistance auras in Fire Imps. The Imps won't necessarily be that close to you against larger spawn sizes. They will help trigger the %BuildUp in your Tactics slotting if they are close, so mileage varies on this point. My slotting for Fire Imps is:

Level 32: Fire Imps

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (40) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (42) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (42) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

This does include a Very Rare Soulbound Allegiance piece, but since the Imps don't have many attacks you could easily drop that slot. I do see it frequently triggering on my Imps.

For reference, here is my own slotting of Bonfire:

Level 26: Bonfire

• (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 50
  • (37) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 50
  • (39) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50
  • (39) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
  • (39) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 20

The Bombardment %damage piece could be added if desired. I primarily use Bonfire for the +Recharge boost and the Knockdown, so to keep the %proc chances high I don't slot Recharge bonuses (IIRC, with no slotted Recharge these %procs are at the 90% ceiling)

EDIT: I agree that you should probably try to add a fourth slot to Char and then 4-slot it with the Basilisk's Gaze set for more Global Recharge.

Edited by tidge