New badges

Starhammer

So I just realized I desperately need the "Bind Wizard" and "Macromancer" badges. Since that kind of stuff is all client side, not sure there's a really appropriate way to "earn" them, but maybe some new exploration badges somewhere, or history markers? Possibly a mission reward or new defeat x reward? Either way, they'd go nicely with my Helper designation, as that's probably what I'm most adept at helping with.

• Like 1

Bind Wizard:  Accumulate 100 Hours of total Hold time on enemy targets.

Macromancer:  Participate in the application of sufficient Confuse to surpass the Boomtown Council Warwalker's Protection.

Of course, both of these suggestions, we would need to make sure that every Archetype has a reasonable way to obtain Hold and Confuse Powers, even if as Temporary Powers.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, TemporalVileTerror said:

Bind Wizard:  Accumulate 100 Hours of total Hold time on enemy targets.

Macromancer:  Participate in the application of sufficient Confuse to surpass the Boomtown Council Warwalker's Protection.

Of course, both of these suggestions, we would need to make sure that every Archetype has a reasonable way to obtain Hold and Confuse Powers, even if as Temporary Powers.

could settle for mez in general... at least then there's Incarnate powers that give everyone the means eventually

True, although I was partially joking with both those suggestions.

I much prefer Badges to be rewarded for gameplay and behaviour that is possible in casual playing.  The excessive numbers we see in a lot of existing Badges just lead to grinding.  Which was -probably- the point when this was a pay-to-play game.  Now?  That it's free?  I -definitely- feel that Badges should be merits to encourage players to do productive things in the game.

Further asides away from joking:  I'd still like to see reliable Temporary Powers for Hold and Confuse added.

Edited by TemporalVileTerror
Adjusted for clarity.