Elec/Elec Build Advice

Attache

First, about me - I don't need to build for 100% maximum efficiency. I like to take the occasional second travel power or power(s) just for theme. But if I get on a PuG, I want to be able to hold my own.

Is anything in the primary and secondary that is pretty underwhelming and skippable? Reading them, I kind of dig most of them but I would like to squeeze in 2 travel powers as well as the Fighting epics.

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Back Talk || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Doctor Utopia || Doldrums || Downer || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Green Mist || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Joe Dynamo || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Nightbreed || Officer Singh ||Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

In the primary, I consider Power Surge (our version of Unstoppable) to be skippable. I am not a fan in general of "crash" powers, though I recognize they do have their situational uses. Normally though, with capped resistance to Smash/Lethal/Energy, solid resistance to everything else, and very high Defense from set IOs, you should find Power Surge to be unnecessary. I skipped it on my Elec/Rad tank and do not miss it. My "oh crap" button is inspirations. Every other power in Electric Armor is really, really good.

For the secondary, I don't have any recommendations since I haven't made a character with Electric Melee.

In the primary, I consider Power Surge (our version of Unstoppable) to be skippable. I am not a fan in general of "crash" powers, though I recognize they do have their situational uses. Normally though, with capped resistance to Smash/Lethal/Energy, solid resistance to everything else, and very high Defense from set IOs, you should find Power Surge to be unnecessary. I skipped it on my Elec/Rad tank and do not miss it. My "oh crap" button is inspirations. Every other power in Electric Armor is really, really good.

For the secondary, I don't have any recommendations since I haven't made a character with Electric Melee.

Thanks for the thoughts! Appreciate them!

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Back Talk || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Doctor Utopia || Doldrums || Downer || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Green Mist || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Joe Dynamo || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Nightbreed || Officer Singh ||Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

Lightning Clap is very situational; it's skippable.  If you get enough +recharge you can drop Havoc Punch; its damage is a little underwhelming, but you need it at least while levelling to fill out your attack chain.

Yes! I forgot to mention that Lightning Clap was the only one, initially, I'd planned to skip. Thanks!

I ended taking Lightning Clap and slotting it with the -KB IO and I love it now.  It adds even more Utility and safety to the team because between Lightning Rod, Thunderstrike and Lightning Clap they spend most of their time in the air rather than hitting you or others.