Help me build a Bots/FF MM

Psilencer

Hi there,

I have a concept character that I'd like to play, but I've never tried a Mastermind before.  Nor have I ever played FF before. 

I was hoping for good defense coupled with my character using KB or KD to cause havoc while my bots mop up the mobs.  I was thinking of taking the Field Mastery Powers Energy Torrent and Explosive Blast to help with this along with Repulsion Bomb.  I was thinking of Temp Invuln from that pool as well.

I have heard not to take repair or any medicine pool powers, but I like to play on the safe side, so maybe I should dive into one of them?

Thematically I am looking at FLY for my travel power.

I think leadership powers would be handy, but not too sure about fighting powers like tough and weave.

I am not too great at enhancements so if you could help with suggestions for those as well, it would be a great help.  TY!

First  of all, don't let anyone convince you that bots/FF is too boring to play. It's a greater 'starter' mastermind with a secondary that isn't too busy to learn how to properly learn to manipulate your pets. My first CoV character was a mastermind in the BAD OLD DAYS when pets were equipped, upgraded, and double bubbled ONE pet at a time, to get in the mission door, and the pets would despawn when you entered the mission, so you were summoning pets, praying no red-side door ambushes took you out before you got a protector bot summoned to bubble your MM.

The KB/KD game is vital to a forcefield mastermind. It plays somewhat like a storm in that you position foes with kb to maximize the burn patches of an upgraded assault bot! ( Many savvy roboticists do NOT equip the assault bot, depriving him of his flame thrower ability and only upgrade for the missiles/burn patches). My rule of thumb on my robot mastermind was, if the target is knocked down even just once, the focused fire of the robots would take out the target before the target took out the mastermind, even on E.B.s and AVs. 

I didn't take pulse rifle abilities on my mastermind, but  the photon grenades were useful to tankermind and grab some aggro for your robots to reply to. Forcebolt is a good opening ability on hard targets to stack the kb/kd and get that action going on a boss. Most AVs are immune to KB/KD. Repulsion bomb is also a good opening salvo on a tankerminding MM.

You don't really need a high recharge build on a FF mastermind, but leadership is very suitable to a buffing mastermind. Assault is an ability that offers resistance to taunt and placate found more often on red-side foes.

Torrent and Explosive Blast I would only recommend with the KB>KD procs to especially neutralize the undesired radial kb in explosive blast.

I took repair on my mastermind, and used it sparingly (of course since the recharge is longish) on protector bots and the assault bot when they are low on health. I didn't have use for the medicine pool on my mastermind.

Another feature to consider is deciding if you want an alternate build. You can have a mastermind build with separate abilities but not different power sets, one to run solo, one to run with teams. Pimp out the build you would play the most with purps, procs, and IO sets, and save influence on the other build for your less-played build by slotting the cheap IOs or what you can afford, but still be effective.

See you in the city. Oh, and take group fly, it makes your robots look so cool.

• Like 2

• 1 month later

I quite enjoyed my bots/ff MM. 

I took the first power in FF and auto'd that while targeting one of my bots. Then just stand around and wait. 

I'm not sure whose builds these are, but they're from the forums so,... sorry I didn't take names of the people who compiled them:

1. Cheap bots/ff MM

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Basic Bot Build: Level 50 Technology Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Robotics
Secondary Power Set: Force Field
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Presence
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Battle Drones -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(3), Dmg-I(5), EdcoftheM-PetDef(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Force Bolt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Deflection Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(7), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-EndRdx(13)
Level 4: Insulation Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Aid Other -- Heal-I(A), EndRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 10: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Protector Bots -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(21), EndRdx-I(21), DefBuff-I(23), DefBuff-I(23)
Level 14: Aid Self -- Heal-I(A), EndRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Personal Force Field -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Field Medic -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(27), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), RedFrt-Def(29), RedFrt-EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Fly -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RedFrt-Def(33), RedFrt-EndRdx(33)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(34), Dmg-I(34), EndRdx-I(34), Empty(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36)
Level 28: Tactics -- ToHit-I(A), ToHit-I(36), ToHit-I(37), EndRdx-I(37), EndRdx-I(37), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 30: Provoke -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(39), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(39), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(40), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(40), MckBrt-Rchg(40)
Level 32: Upgrade Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Repulsion Bomb -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(42), Dmg-I(42), EndRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(43), ExpStr-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 44: Web Envelope -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(45), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(45), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(45), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(46), TraoftheH-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Afterburner -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 1: Battle Drone 
Level 26: Assault Bot 
Level 12: Protector Bot 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 10% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 10% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 10% Defense
  • 2.5% Defense(Smashing)
  • 2.5% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3.13% Defense(Fire)
  • 3.13% Defense(Cold)
  • 7.81% Defense(Energy)
  • 7.81% Defense(Negative)
  • 1.25% Defense(Melee)
  • 15.63% Defense(Ranged)
  • 1.56% Defense(AoE)
  • 1.8% Max End
  • 5% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 32.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • 15.06 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 35%
  • MezResist(Held) 35%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 35%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 35%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 35%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 35%
  • 13.5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 13.5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

2. Robotics Force Field

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Medicine

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Battle Drones -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), SprMarofS-Dmg(5), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(7)
Level 1: Force Bolt -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), ExpStr-Dam%(46), EntChs-Heal%(48), Dcm-Build%(50), Dvs-Hold%(50), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Deflection Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(21), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 4: Insulation Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 6: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Aid Other -- Trg-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), HrmHln-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 12: Protector Bots -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(13), Heal-I(13), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(15), SvrRgh-PetResDam(15), EdcoftheM-PetDef(17)
Level 14: Aid Self -- Trg-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46), HrmHln-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 16: Tough -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(27), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(29), SlbAll-Dmg(31)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(43), GssSynFr--ToHit(45)
Level 30: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A)
Level 38: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(39), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Hover -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Group Fly -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(48), WntGif-ResSlow(48)
Level 49: Personal Force Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(9), PrfShf-End%(9), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Battle Drone 
Level 12: Protector Bot 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 6.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 10% Defense
  • 3.75% Defense(Smashing)
  • 3.75% Defense(Lethal)
  • 1.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 1.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 1.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 1.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 5% Defense(Psionic)
  • 7.5% Defense(Melee)
  • 2.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 2.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 47.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 60% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 24% SpeedFlying
  • 84.33 HP (10.5%) HitPoints
  • 24% JumpHeight
  • 24% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 115%
  • MezResist(Held) 115%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 115%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 115%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 115%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 115%
  • 6.5% (0.11 End/sec) Recovery
  • 216% (7.23 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 49.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 49.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 34.75% Resistance(Fire)
  • 34.75% Resistance(Cold)
  • 31% Resistance(Energy)
  • 31% Resistance(Negative)
  • 53.5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 53.5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 24% SpeedRunning

3. Bots/FF

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pulse Rifle Blast -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 1: Force Bolt -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(13), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(13), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(19), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(33), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(33)
Level 2: Battle Drones -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(3), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(3), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(5), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(11)
Level 4: Deflection Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Pulse Rifle Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(11)
Level 8: Insulation Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Photon Grenade -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 14: Protector Bots -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(19)
Level 16: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 18: Repair -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(45), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(46), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(46), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(46), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(48)
Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-ResDam%(21)
Level 22: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(23), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(23), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(29), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(31)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), Ksm-ToHit+(45)
Level 30: Repulsion Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 35: Repulsion Bomb -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(37)
Level 38: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 44: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40), Mrc-Rcvry+(40), RgnTss-Regen+(48), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40), EndMod-I(42), EndMod-I(50)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 2: Battle Drone 
Level 14: Protector Bot 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 16.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 9.75% Defense(Smashing)
  • 9.75% Defense(Lethal)
  • 18.5% Defense(Fire)
  • 18.5% Defense(Cold)
  • 16.31% Defense(Energy)
  • 16.31% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 11.63% Defense(Melee)
  • 13.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 31% Defense(AoE)
  • 30% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 88.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10 % chance, if Scourge)
  • 84.33 HP (10.5%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -8)
  • Knockup (Mag -8)
  • MezResist(Confused) 92.5%
  • MezResist(Held) 92.5%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 92.5%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 92.5%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 92.5%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 92.5%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20 % chance)
  • 17.5% (0.29 End/sec) Recovery
  • 228% (7.63 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 30% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 51% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 51% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 57% Resistance(Fire)
  • 57% Resistance(Cold)
  • 40.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 40.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 39% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 39% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning
Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.