Radiation Armor

StriderIV

Hi all!

I’m looking to star a Rad Armor hero. The set just seems to have a lot going for it, and I haven’t  had the chance to play it yet!

While my primary is still undecided (I’m leaning towards Claws, Katana or Psionic Melee), I’m trying to decide what archetype to run Rad Armor WITH.

The Tanker gets the higher resist cap, which is always nice.

Scrappers have the higher base damage, which synergizes really well with Meltdown for MOAR DAMAGE.

Brutes seem like they could be a nice middle ground, with the higher resist cap and the potential to gain more damage to go with Meltdown.

Does anyone that has experience with Rad Armor like to enlighten me with what Archetype they feel it meshes best with?  Also, if you have any suggestions on attack sets that partner well with Rad Armor, I am all ears!

I pick the AT to run with rad depending on which attacks i like and ended up with ss/rad brute, rad/rad brute, rad/rad tank, psi/rad scrap. The 2 brutes are my favourites, the tanker seems practically unkillable, i've respecced the psi scrap repeatedly and given up on it for now. I like claws alot on both brute and scrapper not so much on tank. Katana i prefer on scrappers. But this is all just personal opinion everyones will differ. You have 1000 slots/server i recommend making a few til you find one that suits your playstyle. A lot will depend on slotting too, are you planning to turn the 2 rad pbaoe's into procced out mini nukes or use them as mules for sets. Will you be building for max resists or bumping your s/l defence. It will all make a difference. Thats why i like to plan out stuff in mids before making toons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meknomancer said:

I pick the AT to run with rad depending on which attacks i like and ended up with ss/rad brute, rad/rad brute, rad/rad tank, psi/rad scrap. The 2 brutes are my favourites, the tanker seems practically unkillable, i've respecced the psi scrap repeatedly and given up on it for now. I like claws alot on both brute and scrapper not so much on tank. Katana i prefer on scrappers. But this is all just personal opinion everyones will differ. You have 1000 slots/server i recommend making a few til you find one that suits your playstyle. A lot will depend on slotting too, are you planning to turn the 2 rad pbaoe's into procced out mini nukes or use them as mules for sets. Will you be building for max resists or bumping your s/l defence. It will all make a difference. Thats why i like to plan out stuff in mids before making toons.

Thanks for the input man! Yeah it seems there are a ton a different ways to go about slotting Rad Armor. Claws/Rad Brute or Scrapper both sound like they could be fun. It's interesting, since I feel Claws might be better suited for a scrapper, and Rad Armor better suited for a Brute. Interesting conundrum.

One thing I’m noting: it seems like Rad Armor is a power set that requires a lot of pics, similar to Invuln. Might be best to pair it with an attack set that only takes a few options for it’s rotation. Does anyone have recommendations on a set like that?

I like Claws, but it seems like it requires a lot of picks. Perhaps Psi Melee, Katana, Savage or Dark Melee?

Edited by StriderIV