WandaVision, Quicksilver, and the X-Men - Spoilers

So Quicksilver from the X-Men movies showed up in WandaVision.  He is probably the most popular character from the X-Men movies so it makes sense.  But then he is revealed to be fake, created by Agatha Harkness.

How do you want the MCU to incorporate the X-men characters and the X-men movies, and how do you think they will do it?

I think they can make the movies part of the multiverse.  But then would they have the x-men be retconned to being always part of the MCU?

I would like to see a return to the X-men as young students.  Redo X-men first class so that mutants are introduced into the MCU rather than having the X-men been secretly operating.  Although antman and the wasp were operating secretly, so that has been done.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

I suspect they'll have to start afresh.  That's probably why they used Evan's Pietro, because he'll not be in any X-men stories going forward.  It was the perfect psych-out.  There's also the matter of the time difference.  The latest X-men films are set in the 1980s, not the MCU timeline (not counting Wanda's jaunt through TV times, nor the temporary time jumps of Endgame).  Additionally, everyone's favorite Wolverine did "Logan" as a last thrill ride before hanging up the claws.  He's aged 20 years since he began, and that's going to be hard to portray Wolverine going forward in 3 year jumps.  Unless they intend to shift the timelines (in which case, how do you include Evan?), then I suspect this is the chance to recast everyone, and do a proper beginning within the MCU.  Not saying they can't just wave a hand and make it all merge at this point: duplicate Evan, time line adjustments and all.

This way, they can begin with the original 6 X-men, or they may start after the events of Krakoa when the second wave, including Logan, joined.  They might also get lucky and find a great actor to play Logan who isn't a foot taller than he's supposed to be.  I'm not saying I like it entirely.  Some characters I think should be recast, but Evan, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy have been spectacular, and I'd love it if they continued.

Your idea of young students works for having the actors around for 15 years to play the characters, and it will fill the young person void that Tom Holland & Co. will be leaving.  He's 24 and will probably need to advance to a 20-somethings Peter Parker after this next movie.

Now one exception to this idea of starting fresh seems to be Deadpool.  There's a lot of speculation floating around that Ryan Reynolds will be ported over to the MCU, which kind of works as Deadpool is a 4th wall breakers and seems to be aware of his comic book existence.  So he kind of transcends universes.

Yeah, I don't think Deadpool is popular so much as Ryan Reynold's version of him.  If they change actors I doubt it would be as successful.

Starting fresh with the X-men makes sense from a casting perspective, at least after Dark Phoenix.  I don't think any of the x-men cast from that were particularly popular.  I do think keeping McAvoy as Prof X would work and be a good tie-in.