Traps and Teleportation

HachiMan2015

So I've been reading on here how good fold space is with traps now. I've been mixing and matching builds and I have a question.

I am finding it difficult to fit 3 teleport powers in unless I get rid of the epic pool, or the fighting pool as I want so many powers from the primary and secondary as the 28 and 32 powers are good solo with fold space.

If I can still achieve soft cap(which i like) is it worth it then to not have an epic pool?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

It depends on the epic pool you're going for. Since with Traps I normally go for Mace for the armor so I can get the most out of Def. Yet what you do to make room is start cutting things from your secondary. If you're picking Traps/Rad you mainly want most of Rad's AOE's your snipe of course. Also don't get Time Bomb from the play testing I've done it's still not as powerful as the mines and still takes too long to recharge. Honestly 2-3mines is enough to kill if not severely weaken mobs since I was testing at +3/8. With using Fold Space you want to invest in the accuracy, recharge for sure so drop 1 more slot there. Yet you gotta get use to what is 100m because you can be short and only pull like 1-3 enemies into your box of toys.

I forgot to add I didn't take web grenade when I was testing since I didn't care for it.

Edited by ExeErdna

I did a Fire/Traps build without Fighting last week and managed to stretch S/L & Ranged caps. 

On a Defender I think you could take Fighting and an Epic, still fit in Fold Space and end up with rather silly Def numbers. Here's a NoPurples (well, 1 Purp) / NoWinters build which doesn't even bother with Scorpion Shield and still manages capped Melee, Ranged, NRG & Neg and damn close to capped S/L Defense AND resistances. 

Single target damage might be a bit low though

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Traps
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- Slow-I(A)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(46), Pnc-Heal/+End(46)
Level 4: Irradiate -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(9), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 6: Acid Mortar -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11), TchofLadG-%Dam(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13)
Level 8: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(15), LucoftheG-Def(15), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 10: Teleport Target -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Poison Trap -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(17), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19)
Level 14: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(21), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(23), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(23), Apc-Dam%(25)
Level 18: Seeker Drones -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 20: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(27), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), ResDam-I(29)
Level 26: Trip Mine -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(36), DefBuff-I(36)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(37), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(39), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(48), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(42), EndMod-I(43)
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by Carnifax
  • Thanks 1