Instanced MSR Failed Invite Results in Lingering "Considering Another Offer" Flag for Inviter and Invitee

Eda

Finally taking the time to type this all out!

If someone tries to join the instanced MSR event, but they do not have the Member of Vanguard badge, they get a system message about being ineligible. Until they change zones any new invite sent to them comes back with the "considering another offer" message. I don't know the criteria, but sometimes rezoning doesn't clear it and they have to relog to be invited to any team at all. This part is only minority annoying.

If a whole team is invited to an instance already in progress, but one person doesn't have the badge, the entire team fails to enter. Only the team lead gets a message about who was unable to join. Even after kicking the ineligible person both the ineligible person and the team lead now return "considering another offer" if invited again.

If that team kicks the ineligible member, passes the star, and then passes the star back to the same leader, that original leader still returns the "considering another offer" message.

If that team passes leadership to someone else (and kicks the ineligible person) the new leader can be successfully invited and bring the old leader into the instance.

That original team lead now also cannot invite anyone new to the team. They get a system message about "SelfConsideringOffer" If that original team lead is also a league leader, they cannot invite anyone or any teams to the league either. To be honest, I don't know if rezoning clears this as I always just swear at the computer and pass the star to get everyone into the instance.

The invitee being bugged is annoying, but not too upsetting. The contagious bugging of the otherwise eligible team/league lead can be extremely frustrating. Especially since we only do this inviting to an event in progress dance to get around the league shuffling bug in the first place. So the bug workaround is rather buggy! Arrrrgh!!

We love science so if you want any weird permutation tested, need more info, or need more concrete examples, let me know!

• Like 1

It is annoying, but out of curiosity why are you forming teams outside of the instance in the first place?

I just have everyone send me a tell for an invite, and then I invite them into the instance directly, from whatever zone they are in.  Once people are inside the instance, then I start forming teams.

Edited by Apparition

13 minutes ago, Apparition said:

It is annoying, but out of curiosity why are you forming teams outside of the instance in the first place?

I just have everyone send me a tell for an invite, and then I invite them into the instance directly, from whatever zone they are in.  Once people are inside the instance, then I start forming teams.

What happens if the character is underlevel or does not have the badge?

Do you have any comment on the bug that Eda is talking about?

9 minutes ago, BZRKR said:

What happens if the character is underlevel or does not have the badge?

Do you have any comment on the bug that Eda is talking about?

The player will receive the message that he or she is ineligible, which is correct.  If the player was in the RWZ when the invite was sent out and later gets the badge, and then asks for another invite without leaving the RWZ, then yes, you will still receive the message that he or she is considering another offer.

What I am saying is that that bug only impacts a whole team if you form teams from outside the instance before joining the instance.  If you invite players to the instance individually, and then form teams from inside the instance, no team will be impacted, only one individual player.

Edited by Apparition

7 hours ago, Apparition said:

I'm working around the bug in the workaround for the league bug just fine! I figured I'd report one so there was a chance of fewer bug workarounds being necessary in my daily life. 🙂

• Like 1