[Resolved] Sqaures in place of buttons?

So just after the server update and the comment box looks like this.

ScreenShot1215.thumb.jpg.1dfc1d6e56572e1edfa3bfad6c96052e.jpg

I am on Vivaldi browser and the only other time I've seen this is when there are unrecognizable characters like Mandarin for example. Are you using non-standard symbols perhaps? Might just be on my end and a Vivaldi update will fix it but I thought I should point it out.

Not a fan of moving the edit button either I had to search for it among the "squares" :p

Edited by Icanav

• City Council
25 minutes ago, Icanav said:

So just after the server update and the comment box looks like this.

ScreenShot1215.thumb.jpg.1dfc1d6e56572e1edfa3bfad6c96052e.jpg

I am on Vivaldi browser and the only other time I've seen this is when there are unrecognizable characters like Mandarin for example. Are you using non-standard symbols perhaps? Might just be on my end and a Vivaldi update will fix it but I thought I should point it out.

Not a fan of moving the edit button either I had to search for it among the "squares" 😛

These icons are a part of FontAwesome. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the browser that you are using so it will be difficult to extend support for it. If this is an issue that has been happening since before the most recent update, then your browser may not have support for unicode fonts enabled for some reason.

As a place to start, however, I would recommend clearing your browser cache for the forums. A bit of research indicates that you can use Ctrl + Shift + Delete to access a menu which should allow you to clear your cache.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

• Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Nope wasn't there before. The forums displayed correctly until after maintenance. I was trying to get into ChristopherRobin's costume challenge before the deadline (thankfully he added a few hours to accommodate) so I noticed it clearly. Working fine before the forums went down, squares after they came back up.

Vivaldi is a Chrome offshoot. It's basically Chromium under the hood.

Thank you I will try clearing my cache and report back!

• Cipher changed the title to [Resolved] Sqaures in place of buttons?